Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday Night Dance Break - Boogie Shoes


Did you know that the Brooklyn dance club featured in Saturday Night Fever eventually became a gay club?  When I lived in Brooklyn I would sometimes go there for the extremely strong drinks and to dance on the most famous dance floor in the world.  The funny thing about Spectrum (that's what the club was called) was that it wasn't very big - even the dance floor was relatively tiny.  But thanks to the magic of the movies the place looked huge.


Spectrum closed a few years ago - another part of my youth lost forever.  Just like my virginity, my waistline, and my youthful optimism...

So to honor Saturday Night (and lost, youthful virgins), enjoy KC and The Sunshine Band's "Boogie Shoes"...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...