Thursday, April 1, 2010

Afternoon Dance Break - Dangerous on the Dance Floor


Sometime during 1992 or 92 I walked into my very first gay bar - Stallions in Harrisburg, PA.  I immediately felt right at home - the drinks were tasty, the people were friendly (I was "fresh meat", so of course they were friendly), and the music was always jumping.  Stallions became the center of my social life until I moved to NYC.

Upstairs on the dance floor (AKA "The Cha-Cha Palace") I immediately took a liking to this song by Musto & Bones called Dangerous on the Dance Floor.  Every time the DJ would play it I found myself in the middle of the dance floor - shaking what my mama gave me.  I soon found out that after a few Bacardi's and Cokes I could be a little dangerous on the dance floor also...

4 comments:

Joy said...

Ah, the memories!! :-)

Mistress Maddie said...

Girl, you were Rita on the dance floor!!! Rita- Rita- give her space, she's having sex on the dance floor!!! I barley remember this ditty. I think I wasn't even out yet. You know you arrived before me.They couldn't handle two of us just showing up the same night.

Unknown said...

Wow, memories. I used to love Stallions when I lived in Harrisburg heck that was around the same time even.

Marker said...

Great pick! I loved this one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...