Friday, August 27, 2010

Great Birthday Dinner: Amy Ruth's


First of all, I want to thank everyone for the overwhelming amount of birthday well-wishes I got via blog comments, blog posts, email, telephone, snail mail, Twitter and even Bookface!  Seriously, ya'll made my day.


But the icing on the cake was my birfday dinner at Amy Ruth's in Harlem.  OMG ... I am still full.  Unfortunately I wasn't in "Blogger Mode" (didn't take pictures) because it had been such a long time since I'd seen my friend Shanta (the kind soul who bought my birfday dinner).  So all the pictures from this post were snagged via Google search.


Shanta had the BBQ Ribs with Collard Greens and Mac & Cheese.  I had the Honey-Dipped Fried Chicken with Potato Salad and Corn.  She had Sweet Potato Pie for dessert, and I had the most DELICIOUS Banana Pudding I've ever eaten (below).  Dinner was served with cornbread - which was the only thing I wasn't crazy about (a little too dry for me).


Amy Ruth's isn't that big - and it was full the entire time we were there.  Also, they don't serve alcohol (sorry Maddie).  But the food is delicious and it's totally worth the short trip Uptown.  The restaurant is located on 116th Street, right off Malcom X Blvd (AKA Lenox Ave) - only 1/2 block away from the 116th Street Station (2/3 line).


Check out the Amy Ruth's website HERE.



9 comments:

Unknown said...

Did u save me some? I'll be on my way.
Glad u had a great time. Get your energy up for Papifest!

Anonymous said...

YUM! That looks like an amazing birthday dinner. Glad it was a great evening!

kayce. said...

damn that banana pudding looks goooooood!!! i want some now, lol. also, i kinda like my cornbread dry b/c, like a good southern girl, i crumble it up in my greens so it soaks up the pot likker (that really is how it's spelled, LMAO). yum yum yum!

Wonder Man said...

looks good

Joy said...

I don't like dry cornbread, either. My daughter makes great cornbread that you'd like. I like it with butter on it. Even though I don't like to cook that much, I make good banana pudding.

You need to come down here. We could have the Eat Pray Love tour! Eat at Arby's, Cracker Barrel, local places for Southern food, BBQ, fried fish etc. Pray you don't gain weight. And love getting to see me! xoxoxoxox

mrs.missalaineus said...

nom nom nom nom nom

*drool*


xxalainaxx

Timmy said...

YUM! And I agree with you. I don't like dry cornbread...unless you warm it up and let butter melt into it.

Ron Buckmire said...

Dayum--that shhhht looks amazing--is it close to Sylvia's?

Unknown said...

haww!!! I miss Amy Ruths. It was my first real taste of soul food. I always get the Al Roker or the Rev. Al Sharpton. What a great birthday dinner.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...