Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy (Early) Birfday To Me!


Yes my dear DustBunnies, even though my birfday isn't until next week, yesterday I received the BESTEST.PRESENT.EVAH - gift cards from Arby's!!!

The good people at Hunter Public Relations (they handle Arby's PR) noticed my POST lamenting the loss of the Downtown Brooklyn Arby's.  In the post I mentioned my now-dashed birthday plans of treating myself to some delicious Roast Beef.  The Hunter PR people read my post and sprang into action.

Tracy emailed me and asked for my address - reminding me that there are two Arby's locations in the city (both in Queens, but not very close to me). After doing some research, it looks like I could get to the one in Middle Village - via subway, bus and walking.  Hey, I'm willing to go the extra mile (literally) for my favorite Roast Beefstro...


But what totally sealed the deal was the generous birthday present of Arby's gift cards (which arrived in my mailbox yesterday)!!  Oh I am SOOOOO there, maybe even this weekend.

Thanks to Tracy, Hunter P.R., and Arby's for their generosity.



And speaking of generosity (and presents), my favorite artist - the fabulous RONA GREEN - recently sent me something gorgeous, and well as some things for YOU.  Stay tuned for an upcoming giveaway...

Image Credit (with added text): Rona Green



9 comments:

kayce. said...

YAYYYY! how amazing of them ~ i love how arby's takes such good care of you. :) happy early birthday, babe. i know you're going to enjoy your excursion to arby's!

and speaking of birthdays/mailed surprises: thank you for the card! ^_^ it was too hilarious ~ i positively adore steve carrell on "the office". thanks for thinking of me and sending me smiles.

Tivo Mom said...

now where is my Bojangles gift cards?

Joy said...

These blogs come in handy sometimes, don't they? Good for you for the Arby's birthday present! That's great! xoxoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Nom nom! The only thing better than roast beef and curly fries is FREE roast beef and curly fries!

mikeinbama said...

HAHAHAHAHA.. I love it. I just wished you lived in my neighborhood. You could literally fall on your face and be at the front door of Arby's. I pass Arby's everyday and think it's location is wasted on me. I hope you enjoy your Arby's excursion. Happy Eating, have a little horsey sauce for me.

SteveA said...

You deserve the Arby's present. Happy early birfday!

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Sounds like a certain PR exec may have the hots for a certain blogger! I hope you gave him ALL your digits!

Wonder Man said...

Wow, Arby's is ready your blog

Mr.Mischief said...

We had Arbys for lunch on our way home from camping and immediately thought of you David :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...