Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Glamorous New York City Life


Today I'm going to confirm something that many of you have suspected all along. I can no longer keep this to myself... YES, my life here in New York City is nothing but glitter and glamour - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The secret is out.


Case in point: The highlight of my weekend has already happened - and it's just before noon on Saturday. Check out this picture, taken in my glamorous kitchen...


That was our old refrigerator - circa 1970-something. Everybody knows antiques are glamorous. Notice those wooden accents? GLAMOUR. Light "goldenrod" color? GLAMOUR. A metal-lined, "frost-free" (most of the time) freezer? ÜBER-GLAMOUR.

But today our extremely considerate landlord sent over a tasteful and appropriate little gift ...


Again, is there anything more glamorous than gift-giving? I think not. Ask Emily Post if you don't believe me.

What kind of glamorous things are YOU up to this weekend?? And please don't feel bad if your weekend isn't as glamorous and fabulous as mine - few people's are.

Gotta run! Time to put on my glamorous (plastic) gloves and go scrub my glamorous toilet. Or should I say "toilettes"?

.

11 comments:

mrs.missalaineus said...

i'm checking some glamorous papers and drinking coffee with pumpkin eggnog in it!


xxalainaxx

the dogs' mother said...

This weekend, in flyover country, is several steps of Operation Turkey. For 21, or 22 (if Eldest can get Friday off). I have battle plans for acquisitions of food items, card table cloths, bigger casseroles, foil casseroles and stuff I can't remember! It is on the list!

Romance said...

Glamor Report- Went to an art opening last night with glamor toddlers and had art wankers sneer and make mean comments- fuck you!! I am glamourous- dont you know. Going to my very, very glamorous office to write, heading to an artists studio to make some art together, and dealing with car that was crashed into in a stunning glamorous car accident yesterday. I will also go for some more supremely Desmond Norman-esque so damn glamorous physical therapy...

Don't hate

behrmark said...

Oh Dahling! My weekend is filled with nothing BUT glamour! Theater last night, theater tonight, theater tomorrow afternoon - is there anything more uber-glamorous than the theater? That reminds me, I need to take a trash back to the light booth.

Unknown said...

I'm going to buy some comic books. FabuloSity!

kayce. said...

i had a glamorous hangover and have glamorously lounged about (since waking up at 8am after a scant 5 hours sleep) glamorously watching "the l word" on netflix. i might also indulge in a glamorous sub from publix for lunch... #HatersGonHate

kayce. said...

also, i just found my girdle in my purse from where i took it off at the bar last night... so, yeah. glamour.

Anonymous said...

I got paid! Yayyy! Paid bills, put gas in the car, went grocery and Target shopping...and we're broke again! It's the Glamorous Life.

I went shopping in my very glamourous size 18 jeans that a friend gave me -verrrry trendy, what used to be called (before the 80s) threadbare. Be jealous!

Incidentally, it's "Tar'jeyy".

I don't even know what pumpkin eggnog is, but now I want some.

Later today I'll be on a live chat with very glamourous artist mermaids.

Robert Kent said...

Well I had my uber glamourous drip coffee and cornflakes for breakie. Then went to the gym and wore an uber glamourous bedazzled onezee..lol..can you imagine ;-) and now am working on my F*$king university homework...but thinking I would like a hot papi to come over, maybe I should order in??

Unknown said...

David, I forgot to ask you. Your post about your Glamorous New York city Life... where did you get that great cartoon picture of the woman walking thru the city?
I knew of a site like that years ago... but can't remember.

David Dust said...

Mecha -

I think I googled "NYC Glamor" or something like that and it came up as an image result.

Unfortunately I don't think I got it from the website where it originated. I think I snagged it from someone else who snagged it from someone else etc...

XOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...