Monday, December 6, 2010

I Are The Champions !


That's right, Biatches - I won MikeInBama's College Football Pick 'Em Challenge! Unfortunately my win doesn't entitle me to anything besides bragging rights - so my ass is gonna brag a little bit ...

Mike does this football challenge every year, and invites his blogger buddies to join. It's all done through ESPN.com - where they post 10 college football games each week, and the contest participants pick the winners. No over/under/point spreads - thank goodness, 'cause I have no idea what that is.

So all you have to do is pick the winner of 10 games each week. And usually I do pretty well until about mid-way through the 14-week challenge. But this year I ended up LEADING mid-way, when in the past I had crashed and burned.

This prompted me to start doing some homework and a little research on each week's team matchups. Previously, I just went down the list and picked - sometimes at random. The only rules I had were that I ALWAYS picked Penn State (my alma mater) to win, and Notre Dame and Pitt to lose. Always - even if the odds were against me.


This strategy, plus some dumb luck and a (very) little bit of knowledge did the trick - after 14 weeks I have been crowned the winner. See the results HERE.

"I would like to thank God, the Academy, my Agent, and the good people at Arby's - without whom this win would not have been possible..."



1 comment:

Joy said...

Congratulations, Sports Strategist! Way to go!! xoxoxoxxo

Lovely dress, btw!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...