Friday, December 10, 2010

Oscar - International Superstar !


I have blogged many times about Rona Green - the fabulous Australian artist who creates fantastic characters, many inspired by the animal kingdom. This time Rona has really outdone herself - she created a character based on MY cat, Oscar!


I got the surprise of my life this week when I received a package from Australia - and it contained two fantastic tote/shopping bags. When I looked at the face on the bags, I recognized Oscar immediately and practically cried.


The note inside read:
Dear David,
A gift for you, inspired by a special someone you know - I hope you recognize him! I've re-named this alter ego I created "Osgar" - he wears a South American tattoo design on his chin.
All the best and take care.
Rona 
PS: These bags do not contain lead!

HOW FRICKIN AWESOME IS THAT?!?!?!?  Furthermore, the bags are a numbered, limited edition - and I got bags #1 and #2 !! Rona really brightened my entire week with this extreme act of fabulousness and kindness.

When I got back to the apartment I decided to try and get a picture of Oscar IN the tote bag - but there were no guarantees he would actually cooperate. I put the bag on the floor of my bedroom and Oscar immediately hopped in and started purring! It was like he knew it was "his" bag.  And YES - I realize I sound like a Crazy Cat Queen right now, but you'll just have to deal with it.


Furthermore - Rona said via email that her "Osgar" bags were a big hit in Oz and have sold out! But stay tuned to see how YOU might be able to get your hands on bag #2 ...



Please check out Rona's website HERE.

.

6 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

You know what the next step is? Oscar is going to need that cool tattoo...
;-)

behrmark said...

Way cool! Oscar is a cat-ebrity!

Joy said...

That is SOOOOO COOL!!! I'm so excited I don't know what to do! OK, I'll cheer! Yay!!! Oscar rules! How thrilling is this! I just love how Oscar took his rightful place in his bag. He knows.

xoxoxoxxoxoxox

Peter Maria said...

From one crazy cat queen to another: Osc/gar WERKZ that bag!

Beth said...

That's adorable! I love it that he was sitting in the bag and actually purring. :) What a wonderful friend you have in Rona. XOXO

Mistress Maddie said...

How damn cool is that??? And the picture of Oski in the bag! Priceless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...