Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeg!!!!


Longtime talk show host Regis Philbin announced he will retire from television this summer - after more than 40 years on-air. And now I has a sadd.

Yes, Live with Regis & Kelly is cheesy, but I used to love watching the "host chat" segment before heading to work (although I haven't done so in a while).

Many years ago I had the opportunity to sit in the "Live" studio audience and see Regis in-person. And during that show, I ended up winning the "Pick a number between one and whatever" studio audience prize - which made me a fan for life.

Dear Reeg - you will be missed.

.

4 comments:

Wonder Man said...

Wow! Really?

nitrox11 said...

Not living in the US I have only seen this guy on TV a few times on visits over the pond.

So I'm not familiar with what kind of prizes he gave away. I'm guessing it was more $2.50 off your next Walmart bill, than Oprah's "Have a house, a car, one of my private islands and the $320,000 I made whilst saying that" style of giveaway?

Do reveal...

David Dust said...

If I remember correctly, my prize consisted of two large, very nice pieces of Baccarat (I think) crystal. I regifted them as wedding gifts (BAD QUEEN!!).

XOXOXO

David Dust said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...