Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sounds Like A Job For Rikki-Tikki-Tavi


I was 8 years old in 1975 when the Chuck Jones TV special, Rikki-Tikki-Tavi aired - and I've loved it ever since. The story, based on a section of Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book, tells the tale of a fearless mongoose - Rikki-Tikki-Tavi - and his epic battle against two of India's meanest cobras - Nag and Nagaina.


So ever since 1975, any time I hear a story about snake infestaions, I alway think to myself "Rikki-Tikki-Tavi could take care of that!" This was the exact reaction I had today when I read about this house (above) in Idaho which is infested with THOUSANDS of snakes!

   

Gross! But TRUST - Rikki could totally handle that mess. Check him out in the orignal 1975 animated story I fell in love with as a child:

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way in hell I'd move into that house. They can have it. Plus, it's like... way out there, and not contemporary. We have a problem right there!

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I would SOOO be calling a realtor if that were my house!

Anonymous said...

OMG...I ALWAYS think of Rikki-Tikki-Tavi when I hear ANYTHING to do with snakes! Invariably, I end up being the only person in the room who remembers the story.

Thanks for this blast from the past. I may slap up a tribute post, too!

Joy said...

OMG!!! The horror! That house is going to be almost impossible to sell.

I love it that you think of Rikki-Tikki-Tavi! xoxoxoxox

Big Mark 243 said...

Joining the Riki-tiki chourus!! As to that house... yeesh!! Who did they piss off..? Would not be surprised if neighbors interpeted as the sign of the apocalypse and headed for the black hills!!

Lee said...

LOL! I loved Rikki Tikki Tavi as well! I still think about him too. These youngun's today just don't know what they missed. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...