Sunday, June 21, 2009

Do You Remember? ... Mitch Gaylord...


I was 17 years old when Mitch Gaylord and the other hunks of the 1984 U.S. Men's Gymnastics team won the Olympic Gold Medal. I remember being COMPLETELY smitten with the dark-haired hottie and his teammates.

Then Mr. Gaylord went on to do ads for Soloflex - which EVERY gay boy paid attention to. Remember this?...



I still get hot and bothered looking at those pictures! Gaylord is now 48 and promotes a weight loss/exercise plan called Melt It Off.

11 comments:

Wonder Man said...

I had the biggest crush on him

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Who could forget that! He was such a hottie!

Anonymous said...

Do i remember? DO I! In the summer of 1984 I was a young fagling of 13, but that Soloflex ad was a very close personal friend of mine. A-hem.

Psychomom said...

Are you kidding me? A hard man is an excellent find. I was a gymnast and loved the 'Gaylord' and that can totally explain why I owned a SoloFlex.

theminx said...

I had that Soloflex ad hanging in my bedroom closet! He still looks good at 48.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Timmy said...

I had a HUGE crush on him!

Unknown said...

Yep, I fall in love with all Soloflex men.

Anonymous said...

ooooo, I remember having a monster cursh on him! You have such excellent taste!

Mark in DE said...

Um, what happened to his muscles?

John said...

Oh my! What wonderful memories. I vandalized an issue of Rolling Stone magazine at our public library when I ripped the "hard man is good to find" ad out and pinned it to the back wall of my closet. Oh the hours Mitch and I would enjoy together.

hmmm.... good memories.

Chuck Taylor said...

i had the full-size door poster of mitch in my bedroom. if i could find that on ebay, i'd feel like a youngster again. soooo hot! (nice blog!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...