Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Naughty Chorus Boys - Broadway Bares


Broadway Bares is an annual fundraiser for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS that has been going strong for almost 20 years.

Founded 19 years ago by Choreographer Jerry Mitchell (some may remember him as the "Mentor" on Bravo's Step It Up and Dance), Broadway Bares is a one-night-only burlesque extravaganza. The two back-to-back shows feature the most gorgeous chorus boys and girls on Broadway, half naked, doing elaborately choreographed numbers. And every year it is fierce and fabulous - and raises a ton of money.

Back when I first moved to NYC, Broadway Bares was just getting started. They would do one private show at a club (Palladium and Club USA were two of my favorites), and then do a shorter version later after the club opened to the public. I always made sure I went out that Sunday night, because I knew I would be getting my money's worth at the club.


This year's show (held this past Sunday) featured Hair's Gavin Creel, the gorgeous Nick Adams (above, middle), Sutton Foster, funnyman Mo Rocca, Ugly Betty's Michael Urie, and Allison Janney (who is currently starring in 9 to 5). But nobody really goes to Broadway Bares to see "stars", people go to see SKIN. The men and women who perform 8 shows a week on Broadway are in INCREDIBLE shape - and they make sure to show it off during Broadway Bares.


For additional pictures, check out AfterElton HERE.

9 comments:

Eric Arvin said...

I love seeing the pics from this show every year!

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Damn! Next year's DDBW needs to coincide with this fabulous event!

Unknown said...

Great thought, Ginger!

Dan said...

I saw these yesterday. I am particulary fascinated with the last one. Do you see the grip pthat last guy has on that jock strap!

Anonymous said...

I would love to see this. I didn't realize it was an actual show. I thought it was an annual coffee table book! Next year remind us all ahead of time and we can go as one big blog group!

Stephen said...

I have a "coffee table" book of pics through the history of Broadway Bares. It has gotten me through some HARD times.

Unknown said...

Pics of hot muscle men touching other hot muscle men! I'm following that link.

behrmark said...

Thanks for yet another reminder of what I'm missing by living on the West Coast. It all looks HAWT!

Mark in DE said...

What a great idea; glad its still going strong.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...