Monday, June 8, 2009

Gayer Than A Sequined Clutch Purse At The Tony Awards


I watched the Tony Award's last night (as I do every year), but I wonder if I only tune in due a severe case of "Broadway Gay Guilt Syndrome". Let me explain...

I am gay. I live in Manhattan - mere blocks away from the Theater District. And yet I haven't seen a Broadway show in years. I know, BAD GAY! So to help ease the shame I feel in not supporting "my people", I watch the Tony's every year. I clap and cheer and pretend I'm right there in Radio City Music Hall. Hell, if I owned a tuxedo (or a Bob Mackie gown), I would wear it in my living room during the telecast.

And even though I'm a Bad Gay, one of the things I love most about the Tony Awards is just how damn GAY the show actually is. It is REALLY gay. Gayer than a Clay Aiken Christmas Special. Gayer than a fannypack on a Unicorn. Gayer than Sunday Brunch at Rip Taylor's beach home.

To prove the Tony's absolute and unquestionable gayness, I present the following photoessay entitled "I'm simply GAY for Tony" ...











And, for the GRAND FINALE, I present to you the gayest picture in the history of civilization. Only the Tony Awards could manage to create such a perfect storm of fabulous Gayness.

A warning to straight people: LOOKING AT THIS PICTURE WILL TURN YOU GAY IMMEDIATELY ...



I warned you...

10 comments:

Angel said...

are you saying all those people are gay???? why I never heard of such a thing! and I think I looked at that last pic a little too long, cuz Liza is looking goooood to me! ;)

XOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

I feel a strong compulsion to go make out with a chick. My husband is thrilled.

Psychomom said...

I looked and now I am gay man. Powerful!

Anonymous said...

Did you see Bret Michaels of Poison (why were they there??) get taken out by the metal curtain coming down during the song change? He was practically decapitated! I think they have video on Dlisted. I also think it was the stage managers way of telling him to stop doing Rock of Love shows.

Tivo Mom said...

I am still laughing at you! Needed that on Monday thank you.

Kailyn said...

"Nope. Still straight," says the woman who likes to play Elton John and Cole Porter tunes on the piano.

Beth said...

Gayer than a Clay Aiken Christmas special? I didn't realize that was possible. Loved the photo essay, and LOL at Jennie's comment! XOXO Beth

Unknown said...

NPH was brilliant, as always. Jeebus, I love that boy. Wonder if he would drop the handsome, fit BF and consider dating the older, doughy and broke guy?

mrs.missalaineus said...

i.love.this.blog!!!!!

xxalainaxx

Mark in DE said...

Funny/great post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...