Monday, March 1, 2010

Dusty Winehouse Has a New Addiction!


After a secret stint at The Kitty Ford Rehab Center for a bad case of the drunks (thanks to Maddie), my darling cat Dusty Winehouse has a new addiction ... BALLS!


Specifically, little plastic lattice cat toys with little bells inside.  Dusty is obsessed with them, and she loves to play fetch:  while sitting on the couch I throw the ball and she gives chase - returning it to the couch for me to repeat the process. Over and over and over and over. 


So imagine our horror yesterday when my fat ass stepped on the last ball - completely destroying it.  So I had to make an emergency trip to the Petland Discount store a few blocks away - just minutes before it closed for the night.  Yes, my kitty is THAT spoiled.


Thank goodness they had the right ones - they MUST be latticed so Dusty can get them in her mouth.  Don't be dirty - this is my cute kitty we're talking about!!  

And I'm not sure if you can read the price, but each package of 4 costs $2.49!!!  That store should be called "Petland Ripoff".  This is what happens when you live in a city without any Wal-Marts.

At first Dusty wasn't sure these were the right balls...



But soon she was warming up to them, waiting impatiently for me to open the package...


I wonder if the Kitty Ford Center has a program for Dusty's new addiction?.


12 comments:

Miss Ginger Grant said...

She's SOOOO cute! Now you can have jingle lattice balls under every piece of furniture in your house!

Shelby used to like the sparkly pom pom ones but after Celia vacuumed up the last one, I decided she outgrew them!

Angel said...

"the Kitty Ford Center"...LOLOLOL LOVE THAT!!!

and yes, Dusty IS a little spoiled, but how can you help it? She is adorable! and she plays fetch?! You've got a cat and dog all rolled into one!
LOVE YOU TRANNY!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXO

theminx said...

How cute! LOL - our kitties never played with anything. Boring kitties.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

the dogs' mother said...

I have a labrador that will fetch anything 'once'. I'm going to tell her about Dusty and put her to shame!

Lee said...

When he was young, my cat used to LOVE playing fetch with crumpled up pieces of paper. Which was cool, since Crumpled Up Pieces of Paper are pretty cheap compared to Petsmart Balls. :)

Now he's kinda old though and his fascination with crumpled up paper has waned.

Bill O'Rourke said...

My cat, Sasha Ann, who was named before we realized he's a boy, but aren't drag names great? (Mine's Fancy, btw.), anyway, Sasha loves those same kinds of balls! Unfortunately, he will only return them to us very occaisionally. He will initiate playing with them of course. His favorite time to try to do this is jingling them out in the hall just after we've gone to bed. LOL

behrmark said...

Winston has played fetch since he was a kitten although lately he seems to want to plop on his side and watch me throw things (fat-assed lazy bitch, just like his daddy). And I am forever stepping on those same lattice balls.

Ken Riches said...

I used to have a kitteh that would play fetch with a waded up piece of paper. Our Sheeba likes little stuffed octopus toys, he flips them in the air. I also highly recommend laser lights, they love to chase the light :o)

Joy said...

So cute! It's not so much a matter of spoiling cats but doing what they want because it makes life easier.

Brigit will still play occasionally and likes this little squeaky mouse and also those balls.

Mistress Maddie said...

She really is like her dronk anut Maddie isn't she? And there is no place for balls addiction, I've already looked. Are you sure she isn't my cat?

Beth said...

She is just so adorable. Sheeba and I also play fetch...except I'm the one doing the fetching. ;) XOXO

Mark in DE said...

OMG, Pouncer loves those balls, too. I had to stop buying them because of his addiction! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...