Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What's Your Favorite Movie Quote?


Wesley over at Swish Embassy did a "favorite movie quote" post recently, and I've decided to steal the idea for myself.  Thanks for the inspiration Cutie!!


My favorite movie quote comes from Auntie Mame.  Mame (played by Rosalind Russell) is chatting with her young nephew Patrick during a cocktail party, when Patrick notices Mame's drunken best friend Vera and asks...

Patrick: Is the English lady sick, Auntie Mame?
Auntie Mame: She's not English, darling... she's from Pittsburgh.
Patrick: She sounded English.
Auntie Mame: Well, when you're from Pittsburgh, you have to do SOMETHING.

What is YOUR favorite movie quote?...

7 comments:

Bob said...

I have two:
Diana Ross IS Billie Holiday when, in a nightclub, she tries to score some heroin, saying to her connection:
"I can't let them know them goddamned soap basterds got to me."

And, from 9 to 5, an aside whispered by Lily Tomlin to Dolly Parton as they are showing newbie, Jane Fonda, around the office:
"We'll have to get a special locker for that hat."

And I can work one or both of these into almost any conversation.

XOXOXOX

Guardian Hearts said...

From the hilarious movie 'Easy Virtue', which I strongly recommend:

You're English darling - fake it!

:D I probably have many more, but this one jumped into my mind first.

Unknown said...

"beer is for breakfast, drink or be gone"

crazy4custer said...

Rev. Sykes: Jean Louise. Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passing. "To Kill a Mockingbird"

Best line, most touching scene in a movie full of both.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I love that quote! I also LOVE that in response to your entry about Auntie MAME, LinkedWithin brought up 3 stories about Auntie FLAME!!

Jimmy said...

From Night After Night with Mae West

Coat check girl: "Goodness, what beautiful diamonds."

Mae West: "Goodness had nothing to do with it."

photogreg said...

from Airplane!:

Young Boy with Coffee: Excuse me, I happened to be passing, and I thought you might like some coffee.

Little Girl: Oh, that's very nice of you, thank you.
[takes coffee]

Little Girl: Oh, won't you sit down?

Young Boy with Coffee: Cream?

Little Girl: No, thank you, I take it black, like my men.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...