Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snowmageddon II - A Tale of Two Boros


It looks like we got about 8 inches of snow in Astoria last night (above), and I noticed this morning that all of the streets in my neighborhood had been plowed. But when I got off the subway for work (in the Village), I could see that some of the side streets had yet to be touched by the Department of Sanitation (below).


During the real Blizzageddon, streets in Queens took DAYS to be plowed. Could it be that our BillionMayor actually listened to all the Queens and Brooklyn politicians (who screamed bloody murder last time) and made sure our streets were taken care of first???

.

3 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

We got two inches with sleet, rain, freezing rain to come. It is time for winter to be over!!!

Joy said...

That's good that your streets were plowed. I heard about the criticism he got before. I've been in for several days because of my hilly neighborhood. It's the only place I've ever lived that I couldn't get out of when it snows. Like the pictures!

And yes I do know all the fabulous gays!!! xoxoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

I do hope you have more than the kittehs to keep you warm when you get home.

I'm hoping some strapping latin hunk will offer his body heat to keep you comfy...

hugs

-craig

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...