Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Celebrity Drag Queen Gumbo!


I don't know if you all realize this - but we have a true celebrity in our midst - the fabulous Miss Ginger Grant. Miss G was Houston's "Miss Mint Julep" last year, and has a gorgeous little blog (see it HERE).

Miss G is also a genuine Cajun - and recently shared her Gumbo recipe. Now I am by no means a cook - I scramble eggs every morning and I can make chicken enchiladas - but I am not too swift in the kitchen. But Miss G goes through all the steps of making Gumbo (with pictures) in such a clear and concise manner that I think even I could do it! She obviously completed the entire process before the cocktail hour - thus the clarity.


Please check out Miss G's recipe for Gumbo HERE.

Thanks for sharing, Darling!

XOXOXOXOXO

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Yum. You know me and the kitchen. Since it's getting to be soup weather (or what passes ofr it here in Cali) I think I need to check this out.

Dan said...

David- Did Ginger used to live in Chicago?

Joy said...

Neat!

Love you! Love your celebrities!

xoxoxoxox

Mark in DE said...

Speaking of cajuns and gumbo, whatever happened to that Justin Wilson (or whatever his name was)??

Mark :-)

Anonymous said...

Ya know, he must have died... he was like 100 when I was a kid! My momma thought he was funny but he kinds got on my nerves!

Cuz_I'm_The_Mom said...

Okay. Ginger looks a whole lot like my Aunt Sue, except prettier. Gnarly.

Anonymous said...

I have never had her gumbo but I have partaken of some of her tasty morsels and she is a good cook! She cooks in the kitchen but I hear she really cooks in bed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...