Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Dust Bunnies For Obama


To My Darling Dust Bunnies -

I try not to ask you - my loyal readers - for much, but it's time for me to start making some noise. This upcoming election is too important for us to ignore - and right now the right-wing Republican attack machine is energized and raising money like crazy. Lying Sarah Palin has the Fundamentalist Crazies FIRED UP, and their money-machine is going into overdrive. In addition, the McCain/Palin campaign is eligible for $84 million in federal election funding to spend in the General Election.

The Obama campain, on the other hand, has decided to forego federal funding and is relying on us - the people who care about the direction this country is going in - to keep his campaign running. The New York Times reported today that Obama's recent fundraising goals are NOT being met (read it here).

Therefore, it is up to US to do what we can - so I've started a Dust Bunnies for Obama fundraising page on ActBlue. Please contribute what you can, and show your Dust Bunny spirit.



for Dust Bunnies For Obama

Most of you know that I don't have a pot to piss in when it comes to money - but I've started off with a $50 donation - which is what I can afford right now. Even if it's only $5.00, it will help - and it only takes 1 minute of your time.

Please do what you can.


Love and Hugs to you all!!


XOXOXOXO


David

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta wait until Friday, but I'm definitely going to contribute. There is no way in hell I'm letting McCain and Palin be elected.

David Dust said...

Thank you Jennie. I know how tight money is, so it is especially appreciated.

XOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

I adore how passionate you are. You know that I probably won't contribute but I take what you say seriously and I think that it is wonderful that you are building momentum for the election. I am so conflicted right now and am relying on my abilities to read and decipher everything that is out there before I make my decision but I love what you have to say and even in the midst of all of this mess you can still make me smile so thank you.

David Dust said...

Tivo Mom -

You know I love ALL my Dust Bunnies, but I am especially proud that YOU read my blog. I know you don't share the same political philosophies as I do, and yet you continue listening to my political ranting and raving.

I'll be honest, I probably wouldn't be as open-minded as you if our roles were reversed.

You, my darling, are FIERCE!

xoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

as are you exalted blogger, as are you. Thanks for the kind words. My day is not complete without you.

Joy said...

I've contributed to his campaign several times already (even this week), so I'm definitely helping out. For you, I might even donate again since I am the Grand Duchess.

Btw, the Queen Mother wanted to be my BFF and keep in touch, but I haven't heard from her after that comment on my blog. Is it because I'm a Yellow-Dog Democrat?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...