Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Don't Go Camping With Skinny Bitches


As you all know - I went camping this past weekend with my friends Maddie and Curt. Maddie and Curt are skinny - I am not. Cheese and crackers is a meal to them. THIS is a meal to ME(actually, these are only appetizers)...



I was hungry all weekend, but skinny Maddie and Curt could eat a grape and then be full for two hours. Not me - I need to keep a constant feedbag going. Maddie and Curt had finally heard enough of my bitching, and we decided to go to a local pub - Platz's. Gary, one of our camping hosts, had been there before - and went along with us. The picture above is of our appetizers. We also each had an entree and were STUFFED by the time we left. My veal parmesan dinner was delish - and Maddie's crabcakes were possibly the best I have ever eaten. See, Maddie is so skinny that he was willing to share his crabcakes with me!

The huge meal DID manage to shut me up for the night. But by the next day (Sunday), I was hungry again (natch). So guess where we went on our way back home...


Arby's number three baby!!!!!
Thank you Maddie and Curt for putting up with my whining - and for feeding me..... eventually.
XOXOXO

12 comments:

kayce. said...

this is exactly why i DON'T camp... =))

Anonymous said...

LOL...we go to the Woods, too. When I saw your posts about Arby's I was waiting for the one with the Long John Silvers attached. LJS is my fat boy feedbag when we go camping. I have to eat there Saturday afternoon and Sunday before we leave. I lurves me some broccoli bites!

Anonymous said...

LOL...we go up to the Woods, too. When I saw your Arby's post I was wondering if you were gonna hit the one by Long John Silvers. That is my fatboy feedbag. I have to go on Saturday afternoon and Sunday before we hit the road home. I lurves me some broccoli bites!

Anonymous said...

Traveling with skinnies is the worst. But I'm glad you had fun and got a hit of the big orange hat.

Dan said...

enough pictures of food, i want pictures of naked bears!

Anonymous said...

david, you and i could hang together all day...I love to eat!
have you ever had the fried mac & cheese at Jack In The Box? Delicious.

David Dust said...

We don't have Jack In The Box here, but that sounds DELISH!

Do you still have Whataburger's in Texas? My grandparents live in West Texas (San Angelo), and I always remember going to Whataburger (for some reason).

XOXO

Mistress Maddie said...

Just for the record tootes I did offer you another feedbag to take to fill with food but you declined!! He!He! And any time you want Platz's! crabcakes I'll overnight them!

curt said...

David doesn't tell you all that he was very kind and picked up the check, despite protests all around.

Also, only 2 of the 3 Arby's had the bell you ring as you walk out the door.

Romance said...

Yum-meee.... now I want onion rings.. and now.. and lots and lots and lots of them....

I haven't been to Arby's since I was a chubby wee thing around age five, but back in those days they had a french dip sandwich that I loved...

I used to hang out with some little bird eaters and I would always be starving after being around them...

I am so tempted to do some bear match-making... I have lots of lovely bear boy girlfriends...

kisses

Anonymous said...

hi david.
yummmy. whataburger. first place i stop when i get home if i've left the state. then on to tex mex. i thought of you last night, my dallas hosts took us to my fav burger joint in dallas (Snuffer's) onion rings to kill for, cheese fries w/bacon,cheese,jalapenos & a greasy, cheesy burger. pure bliss
have a great day! btw...come visit houston and we'll do a tour of fried food favorites!

Anonymous said...

You are such a kick!!!

Loved the Palin cartoon...but am quite worried about the campaign. Can you believe FEMA is bungling yet another hurricane....economy tanking and Obama should be taking this election in a cakewalk!!!

Best wishes and the speediest recovery to all DD fans in the affected areas from Ike.

Looking forward to the PR recap.

Hug to your Kitty and a Hi to your Mom!!

LB anon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...