Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Christian Siriano - Having a Moment


I was bummed there wasn't a new RuPaul's Drag Race on last night, but Froggy reminded me (via Twitter) that Christian Siriano's special - Having A Moment - was showing on Bravo.

So I watched, and after it was over I became really sad.  Sad because one hour of watching Christian Siriano creating a collection and showing at Bryant Park was 100 times more entertaining than Seasons 6 and 7 (combined) of Project Runway.

I know Christian may get on people's nerves, but in many ways he is responsible for the direction my blog took.  After I got a little positive feedback to MY FIRST PROJECT RUNWAY POST in November of 2007 (in which I referred to Christian as "Mango"), I decided to jump on the Snarky Express.  And I've been going full steam ahead ever since.


Watching Christian reminded me of the good old days when Project Runway designers had personalities and I didn't have to wrack my brain each week trying to put out a funny(ish) recap.  Let me tell you this: I would much rather watch an hour each week of Christian Siriano ordering Chinese takeout and making dresses for B-list actresses.  And I guarantee you that my recaps of that shizz would be HIGH-larious.

Did anybody else watch Having a Moment last night?  What did you think?


7 comments:

kayce. said...

damn you for not texting me!

but seriously, it's bravo, and christian is one of their biggest draws, so i'm sure they're VERY likely to replay it. several times a day.

the dogs' mother said...

I really enjoyed the look behind the scenes of the fashion industry. My gawd, what a lot of hard, hard work! Christian's stuff has come light years along. Now I can see what Tim Gunn saw at the beginning. Maybe Bravo will follow up some of the other PR standouts. btw - I bought LauraB's book yesterday.

Anonymous said...

I loved it. He truly is an amazing designer. I thought that collection was gorgeous. He's probably the most successful winner of Project Runway.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I forgot about Rupaul and Christian. I'm glad I have you to remind me. I'll get to see Having a Day later today and will let you know my thoughts.

Thanks again. I can always count on you David.

Joy said...

I watched it while ago right after a rerun of Project Jay which I missed before. I wish that had been a series and that Bravo would do more shows about others. Both of these make me miss PR when there were personalities!

Christian's show made me stressed and tired just seeing what all he has to do! Thank goodness he's young and up to it. His collection was fabulous. I'm glad we got to see what goes on with all this. Glad his mother got to retire, too.

Unknown said...

Saw this and enjoyed it. Liked Christian much more on this show than I ever did on PR. I credit the BF with making him more palatable for me. LOL

Anonymous said...

I still refer to him as Mango.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...