Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday Weigh In - Good News!


I have surprised even myself - another 4 pounds down last week!  That means I've lost 14 pounds since starting back on my low-carb diet and walking regimen only 1 1/2 weeks ago.  It also means that I'm about half-way toward reaching my first goal of losing 29 lbs (10% of my body weight as of 3/25).

Exercise: Last week I walked all the way home from work 3 days and part-way home the other 2 days.  In total this probably adds up to almost 10 miles for the week.  And to top it off, I did an hour of aerobics at my apartment last night.

Diet:  I only cheated once, and it wasn't major.  One of the servers at my restaurant left a STACK of Girl Scout cookies in the office for days, and finally I couldn't take it anymore.  I totally swiped a box of Lemon Chalet Cremes - but then only ate about 4 of them, felt guilty (not for the theft, for cheating on my diet), and threw them away.


This week will be challenging.  The Minx will be in NYC this weekend, and we plan on meeting on Friday and Sunday for lunch/dinner/whatever.  Sunday's meeting will be at ... ARBY'S (!!), so I'm going to have to be extra good this week to make up for cheating a little over the weekend.

How was YOUR week??

13 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Those pesky girl scouts - they lay in wait outside the grocery store with their cuteness and adorableness and all around secret mission as cookie pushers! (I had five of those caramel whatever cookies...)

VERY proud of you - btw!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Keep up the great work!

Ken Riches said...

Having an occassional treat, in moderation, will most likely result in long term success. Keep up the great work.

theminx said...

Regular roast beef, 1 horsey sauce, small curly fries - 810 calories. Just so you know how good you need to be. :)

I can't wait to see you!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Bob said...

Excellent news, DD!

So, you'll walk a little more, and maybe nosh a little less, and then you don't have to go through Arby-deprivation.
And you tossed your cookies? Good for you!!!

XOXOXOXO

Peter Maria said...

You are doing SO WELL! Congrats!

Also, is that a new pic of your bad self you've got posted for your profile? I like it!

I really admire your ability to go carb-free; I don't think I could do it. Your will power is AMAZING! Good for you!

Wonder Man said...

Yea!!!

Joy said...

Congratulations!!! If you plan well and just eat what you want that once at Arby's and get back on the low-carbs, it won't be that bad. Just going off a little bit like that doesn't bother me, but if I do too much, I start to feel crappy again. Way to go with the walking, too!

You are my inspiration! Really!! XOXOXOXXO

Ron Buckmire said...

Good luck!! Those Girl Scout cookies do look good!!

kayce. said...

CONGRATS!!! i'm so glad to hear you're doing so well! and i do the "throw shit out" trick too ~ if it's around, i'll NOM it, so i gotta get rid of it asap. :D

my week is pretty cute so far... i surprised myself w/ how low i went, but i guess it's all the activity from moving. plus it's getting warmer here, so big bitches like me sweat a TAD bit more this time of year, LMAO, making my efforts to and from school pay bigger dividends.

anyway, i'm SO PROUD of you ~ you cheated, but didn't let it get the best of you... that's what matters! xoxox.

Unknown said...

Dude, you are a weight losing beast! You need to be my life coach.

Unknown said...

Oh, and I love Rashad Evans!

Mistress Maddie said...

And that's a good girl! That's great about your wieght loss girl! And I tell ya, the walking will really help to jump start your matabalism and keep it going. I really likee your results.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...