Monday, August 9, 2010

R.I.P Patricia Neal


Oscar and Tony award winning actress Patricia Neal has died at the age of 84.  She is perhaps best known for her Oscar award-winning performance opposite Paul Newman in Hud (below), but Neal also won a Tony award for Another Part of the Forest - which was presented to her during the FIRST Tony Awards in 1946.


Personally, I will remember Patricia Neal for her unmistakable voice.  You see, years ago I worked at a small Italian restaurant on the East Side (taking delivery orders), and Ms. Neal would call for pizza every now and again.  Her phone calls would always begin with her stating in that deep-but-ladylike voice - "This is Patricia Neal.  I would like a pizza delivered, please".  And yes, I always got the "Gay Diva Tingles" every time she called.  Us gays LOVE our Divas - especially ones who aren't afraid of a little pepperoni on their pizza.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great story! She was a very talented lady.

Joy said...

You have some good stories. Great voice and talent!

mermayd said...

I read this morning that she passed away. What a fantastic actress and woman of strength. I have always admired her and she was in my favorite movie ever, Breakfast at Tiffany's, along with many others. Nice tribute. :)

Anonymous said...

I'll always remember her in The Fountainhead and A Face in the Crowd. Such poise... and yes, that voice.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

What was that commercial she was in? It ran for years!

Tom A. said...

she was the first person I ever heard speak after having a stroke. Classy lady!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...