Monday, October 18, 2010

Culture Club Reuniting Next Year !


I am SOOOOO excited to learn (via Towleroad) that my favorite band from childhood - Culture Club - will reunite next year. From Boy George's website:
"We're definitely doing it, in 2012. Our D-Day is April 30, which is the same day as our first-ever single release, “White Boy”... it’s going to be great fun. If we don’t do it now we’ll do it when we’re 60, which will be really tragic."
I only got to see Culture Club live once - and that was long after my high school years (and the band's heyday). The concert was at Radio City Music hall in the mid-90's - with Human League and Howard Jones as the opening acts. I can remember 5,000 soon-to-be-middle-aged Culture Clubbers singing EVERY note to EVERY song - and it was pure HEAVEN.

It will be great to see George, Jon, Mikey and Roy again and have another singalong...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well... pop has become 80s all over again, so this is perfect timing! :)

me said...

saw the same line up at jones beach, it was called the rewind tour

Anonymous said...

I would go see them in a second!!

Mark in DE said...

From your "childhood"??? Really??? ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...