Friday, October 22, 2010

Boy Calls 911 To Report a Nasty Dinner Emergency


No.He.Di-int. A 10-year-old boy from Buffalo Grove, IL called 911 this week to complain about the food his father served him for dinner.

The boy dialed 911 about 7 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 14, and said while the dinner his father gave him was edible, it wasn't to his liking, Buffalo Grove police Cmdr. Steve Husak said.
Husak didn't know what food was served. The boy's father was at the home at the time of the call, and police did speak to him, Husak said.
An officer advised the boy over the phone of when it is proper to dial 911, but no further action was taken.

No further action was taken? They should have hauled that Dad off to jail for Culinary Cruelty! Shouldn't EVERY child have the right to the specific meal of their choosing every single night of the week? People, let's think OF THE CHILDREN.

Actually, I know exactly what would have happened if I called 911 to report my mother for serving me Quiche Lorraine when I was young...
  • I call 911 and report a town-wide emergency: CODE BLUE - QUICHE COMING OUT OF THE OVEN. ALL UNITS REPORT TO THE DUST HOUSEHOLD IMMEDIATELY.
  • The 911 Dispatcher would have asked me if I was the David who lived on North Street - and if Frank was my father. I answer "yes". She informs me that she and my dad were friends in high school, and instructs me to tell him "hello" and then to go and eat my damn Quiche. I hang up the phone, dejected.
  • My mother, overhearing this exchange, immediately springs into action. When she is finished she dials 911 again - this time to report a murder. MINE.


2 comments:

Mr.Mischief said...

I heard this on the radio on my way to school this morning-if I would have called 911 for ANYTHING my mom did, I would still be missing my ass to this day.

Anonymous said...

I'm so lucky Russ doesn't know about 911 yet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...