Monday, October 25, 2010

Star Trek: Gay, Gay, Gay then "Awwwwww"

Gay


Gay


Gay


James: "I got a fan letter, from a young lady. It was a suicide note. So I uh, I called her. I said, ‘Hey this is Jimmy Doohan. Scotty of Star Trek.’ I said,‘I’m doing a con in Indianapolis. I want you to be there.’ I saw her and, I couldn’t believe what I saw. She was definitely suicidal. Somebody had to help her somehow. And obviously she wasn’t going to the right people. Anyhow I said, ‘I’m doing a convention two weeks from now in St. Louis.’ Two weeks from then and something and then she came to New York. And she was able to afford to go to these places. And this went on for two or three years. Maybe eighteen times. And all I did was talk to her, positive things. And then all of a sudden, ZIP. Nothing. I didn’t hear anything I didn’t know what was happening cause I never saved her address. Eight years later I get a letter saying, ‘I do want to thank you so much for what you did for me, because I just got my masters in electronic engineering.’ You know, to me, thats the best thing I have ever done in my life. And it brings tears to my eyes every time I even talk about the story".
Awwwwwwwwwww ...


BTW - I had no idea there was so much gay subtext on Star Trek. Did watching Kirk, Spock and fierce Lt. Uhura as a child turn me gay??...


Attention: Anita Bryant, NOM, Focus on the Family, Dr. Laura, Pope Benedict and Westboro Baptist Church - 

Don't blame ME, blame Gene Roddenberry.

.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That was a great, touching story.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I never got into it as a kid but my brother's did. The outfits were kinda hot, but they were on gross old men!

Anonymous said...

David, you never heard the Kirk/Spock audio Love Story? It played on the radio in the late 80s. I had a cassette copy for the longest time before it self-destructed. I've looked online and can't find it. Someone strung together audio from classic Trek episodes, ending up with a steamy and hysterical love story.

David Dust said...

klisaanne -

No, I never heard that - but it sounds hysterical.

XOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...