Friday, March 7, 2008

Tim Gunn Dishes on SourFace Victorya!!


Oh my goodness! This post-show interview with Tim Gunn (from the Chicago Tribune website) has made my morning. 'Polly Syllabicus' talks SHIT about the designer I hated the most this season - SourFace Victorya. She was EVEN WORSE than we knew (seriously). Here is part of the interview (Tim's comments in bold):


TG: “I was sickened when Chris was out, because he was the antidote to all that tension in the work room. None of it is contrived. Stuff just happens. When Jack was so sick and had to be out, then Chris was the last one in and he came back … Things happen for a reason. I was elated that Chris came back. I felt terrible for Jack. Jack was really ill.”

MR: Wasn’t he in the hospital for a week?

TG: “Yes, a week on an IV drip. And frankly, we needed to exit him through a story line. He was there about a day too long. Victorya in particular was so hysterical with me and with the producers, [saying] ‘What are you doing to him? He should stay.’ It’s like, ‘You know something, he should be in the hospital right now. Stop it, and stop being so selfish.’”

MR: I don’t really understand why she was so upset. Can you explain that to me?

TG: “She was sourpuss, a crabby apple as I keep saying, throughout almost all the show, other than Days 1, 2 and 3. She became this sour pill. Rich Bye, one of the executive producers, and I had two off camera interventions with her. I said to her, ‘You know what makes me beside myself is the fact that there are thousands of designers who would love to be in your place. What’s the matter with you?’

“She said, ‘I never dreamed the experience of being on the show would be like this.’ We said, ‘What do you mean?’ ‘I never dreamed we’d only have a day for challenges, that we wouldn’t have any breaks.’ ‘But you said you saw the show.’ She said, ‘I assumed it was cheated.’ I said, ‘Then you only have your own delusions to blame.’ She was really angry and bitter.

“On one occasion – they edited this out, I knew they would – we were at Mood [Fabrics], and I’m handing out money. They each have $250 dollars. She collects the envelopes from all the designers and hands them back to me. She said, ‘I want you to count it.’ I just stared at her. ‘You want me to do what?’

“She wanted me to count the money in each envelope. I looked to the producer on site with us, and I said, ‘I’m not doing this, am I?’ and he said, ‘The rules say that if a designer asks for the money to be counted, we have to count it.’ I said, ‘Fine,’ and asked why she wanted it counted. And she had pulled out this sheaf of papers – she had the rules with her – and she said, ‘I don’t believe that we all have the same amount of money.’ Why would we do that? If someone didn’t have the right amount, wouldn’t they come to me? So I counted the money.

“But that’s what it was like dealing with her. She actually said about Jack’s departure that we had engineered him leaving because he wasn’t a pretty face anymore. I just said to her, ‘I fundamentally don’t understand why you can’t understand that he is seriously ill. Furthermore, it’s a MRSA [infection]. We are all at risk.’ But she said we were forcing him out and that shouldn’t happen and we should have a hearing or something.”

MR: That explains what the hostility was about in the reunion special. I think I get that now.

TG: “I still don’t understand [what was going on with her]. She was at the finale party last night. I said to myself, ‘What are you doing here? Why are you here, you’ve disassociated yourself from the show, supposedly, but you’re here?’

“I will say this too, as sour as she is, she is extremely talented.”


How do you spell "Victorya Hong"?: E-V-I-L!

Read the entire interview here. Thanks to Blogging Project Runway for the heads-up and for being so fabulous all season!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!!! I love Tim even more. You always wonder if they are truly the person the appear to be on the show and it's interesting that in this case, she was actually worse! It eases the sting of Project Runway being over.

David Dust said...

Jennie - I've ALWAYS worshipped the ground that Tim walks on...but now even MORE so! I actually passes Tim Gunn on the street once, but us New Yorkers like to think that we're too cool to stop and talk to "celebs". I TOTALLY couldn't think of anything to say to him anyway, except "make it work!" - and that would have been WAY cheesy!

SailorAlphaCentauri said...

Oooh, this was scandalous! Thanks for posting this; anytime I can get all into an interview and have to refrain myself from public finger snaps, it has to be good.

Mark in DE said...

Tim Gunn is always elegant and eloquent. I had the pleasure of meeting him in person at a book signing, and he's exactly the same way to the public as he is on TV... a wonderful man.

Victorya, on the other hand, is a bitter woman.

Mark :-)

Tivo Mom said...

I am so glad that it was not just in my imagination (and yours) that she was such a horrible selfish individual. I have always adored Tim Gunn and it is nice to know that he is a straight (relativley speaking) shooter when it comes to some of the drama on the show. Nice update.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...