Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Yaz To Reunite - U.S. Tour Dates Announced


When I was in college I was a HUGE fan of the synth-pop duo Yaz. Although they only made two albums, Alison Moyet’s vocals, and Vince Clarke’s (formerly with Depeche Mode – later Erasure) electronic musical skills were a great combination. I listened THE HELL out of both cassettes (yes bitches, I said CASSETTES!).

A few weeks ago Joe at Joe.My.God. announced that Yaz was reuniting to do a mini-tour in the U.K. to help publicize a new “greatest hits” CD set. Then yesterday Joe listed a few U.S. tour dates – including NYC!! Here are the dates/cities:

Jul 07 - Oakland, CA Paramount Theatre
Jul 10 - Los Angeles, CA Orpheum Theatre
Jul 11 - Los Angeles, CA Orpheum Theatre
Jul 14 - Chicago, IL Chicago Theatre
Jul 16 - New York, NY Terminal 5
Jul 17 - New York, NY Terminal 5

I REALLY should go - especially since I NEVER do anything exciting anymore.

2 comments:

Angel said...

god, I wish I lived in New York. There is always so much stuff going on...and I could hang out with you!!

Hey, only the really, really great people listened to cassettes!! ;)

David Dust said...

You know it's funny - there's so much stuff to do here - yet I never do ANYTHING!

Beth, please come to NYC and force me to do shit!!!!

And P.S. - go vote you cute-ass Buckeye!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...