Monday, January 19, 2009

White Meat Monday Hero: Tom Colicchio


Not only is he everyone's favorite PapaBear Top Chef judge - Tom Colicchio is a true hero. Joan Nathan, a cookbook author, found herself choking on a piece of chicken at an Inaugural dinner party recently. Luckily, Colicchio was standing beside her and applied the Heimlich maneuver - thus saving her life. Read the entire story HERE.

I wonder if Chef Tom accused Nathan of not "honoring the protein" after choking on it??


Thanks to Kayce for the tip.



13 comments:

kayce. said...

if i ever meet tom, i am going to pretend i am choking just to get the pleasure of him giving me a good dry humping *ahem* i mean HEIMLICH maneuver. =)

kayce. said...

PS: loves that one of the tags is "choking the chicken"... i look forward to more blogs in this category! :D

the dogs' mother said...

oh, le sigh, my hero!
And, chef, your comments are hilarious!

You can do the Heimlich on yourself. My brother did, when he was all alone, and choking. Whatever it was popped right out.

mikeinbama said...

I just read the article on another site and was going to alert you about Tom's heroics.

Angel said...

is he gay or straight? cuz i love me some chef tom....

David Dust said...

Beth -

Straight as an arrow.

XOXOXOXO

the dogs' mother said...

And married. Not that we were even contemplating...

David Dust said...

Frogponder -

If the Republicans have taught us anything, it is the fact that being married is NOT a factor when determining which gender someone has sex with.

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Joy said...

So true, DD! Tom, our hero!

the dogs' mother said...

I don't think The Engineer would let me keep him if I brought him home, maybe for the cooking...

Wonder Man said...

I so have a crush on him

Renee said...

Chef Tom rocks!

shirlnutkin said...

awesome tag - choking the chicken. and honoring protein?! chuckle! (heh-heh)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...