Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Mary J. Blige



The Queen of Hip Hop Soul - Mary J. Blige - turns 39 today.  Happy Birthday MJB!!

Blige is one of those artists who just keeps getting better with age.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVES me some of her early stuff like "I'm Going Down" and "Not Gon' Cry" (Fave lyric: "I was your lover and your SEC-A-TAIRE" - FIERCE!).  But as Mary has matured, so has her music and her voice.

Here is my absolute favorite Mary J. Blige performance -  Her version of the U2 song "One", which she performs with Bono and the boys...


2 comments:

mikeinbama said...

I love Mary J. Blige. The Queen of Ghetto-fabulous.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen that clip of Mary and U2. That is one of my favorite songs ever and it gets even better when Mary is singing! Happy Birthday Mary J!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...