Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Yves Saint Laurent: 5 Avenue Marceau


If you ever get the chance, take a look at the documentary Yves Saint Laurent: 5 Avenue Marceau. It shows the designer creating his final spring collection, and it is absolutely fascinating. The dialogue is all in French (with subtitles) - and we get to see the entire process from sketch to final product. We also get to see the absolute reverence Saint Laurent's underlings had for the man - they acted as if they were in the presence of a god. And in a way, they WERE in the presence of a god - a fashion god the likes of which we shall never see again.

6 comments:

Romance said...

Ooooh, thanks for the cinema tip. I adored him!!! And I totally understand the "presence of god" thing. Next time around- I want to be born a waif-ish fashion assistant hopefully serving at the feet of Yves new incarnation...

Angel said...

preach it sista!!!

David Dust said...

My next time around, I just want to be a waif-ish ANYTHING!

xoxoxoxo

Kwana said...

You are so right David. I will check it out. Thank you. He will be missed. I true fashion icon. The likes we will not see again.

Mistress Maddie said...

Yves Saint Laurent did have a classic style about his clothes and his couture was to die for.So many gone.I think Karl Lagerfeld and Armani may be some of the longest designing left now.Valentino died late last year also.

David Dust said...

Darling Maddie - Valentino RETIRED last year. He ain't dead yet!

XOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...