Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Thoughts On The Debate...


I worked my part-time job during the second presidential debate, so I had to watch it on a smallish laptop. But even on that little screen, John McCain just seemed CREEPY. He's like a combination of the Town Pervert and the Crypt Keeper. Yuck.

Barack Obama, on the other hand, made me feel so proud to be a Democrat. He talked directly to the people, answered the questions (for the most part), and gave me such hope for the future. Shit might look bad now, but Obama will do everything in his power to make it better - just give him a chance.

And when McCain referring to Obama as "That One" - WTF?!? Listen old man, he has a title and a name, and is to be referred to as "Senator Obama". You ancient asshole ... I mean, "Senator McCain".

Lady Bunny posted the following joke on her blog, and it just cracked me up:

John McCain and Barack Obama somehow ended up at the same barbershop.

As they sat there, each being worked on by a different barber, not a word was spoken. The barbers were even afraid to start a conversation, for fear it would turn to politics.

As the barbers finished their shaves, the one who had McCain in his chair reached for the aftershave. McCain was quick to stop him saying, 'No thanks, my wife will smell that and think I've been in a whorehouse.'

The second barber turned to Obama and said, 'How about you?'

Obama replied, 'You can go ahead, MY wife doesn't know what the inside of a whorehouse smells like.'

If you would like to help Barack Obama become the President of the United States of America, I beg you to join the Dust Bunnies for Obama.
Even ten bucks will help - and all money goes directly and immediately to the Obama campaign. Click HERE to contribute - and many thanks to those of you who have already given.


8 comments:

Joy said...

That is exactly what McSame's voice sounds like to me. Very creepy and pervy for sure!

Good post!

Tjàde said...

--*Introduction*--

Salut ! My name is Tjàde, and I am a gay, Càtholique, French citizen with a father from the United States. I think it is safe to say that the overall view of Americans here in France is that you guys have a rough life. I am very eager to learn how you live with such expensive health care and université among other things ! LOL
I hope you, David, allow me to become a part of this blogging troupe that you have created, and I hope you can help me to understand the relationships between gay culture and American culture.

Jusqu'à demain,
Tjàde

Angel said...

Tranny, you nailed it on the head with McSame! He DOES sound pervy...and creepy. He really does give me the creeps....I just shivered a little.

and I LOVE that joke! I'm horrible at telling jokes but I just gotta remember that one!!! HA! I just said "that one"!!!

Unknown said...

Can't stand his(McCain) prefacing every comment with "my friend(s)". He refers to his enemies as same and it's far too insincere- no better than "my fellow Americans" of Nixon's day. but at this point I must say I am equally disgusted with all of them for the sins of omission with these half truths. Not one answers a direct question with a direct answer, if they even address the question at all. They actually signed an agreement for the rules of the debate, and each took the liberty of breaking the rules.
If we write in David for President, we could all visit David and the Arbies outside his oval office. I'm sure the family quarters would be full of Daddies of the Day( and his staff would dress much differently). And if we write in Joy for VP, she could get her ranch cleaned up with a much smaller army than we're using in Iraq. ( I understand she has a small battleground) and she would have us all over to catered luncheons.
-Charlie

Kwana said...

You are so right on. He is old man creepy. He has such disdain for Barack it just pours off him. You know he feels Barack is way below him. Like "that one" that should be shining my shoes.

Side bar: What sort of begging would it take to get you to blog the Real Hot Messes of The ATL? Pretty Please...

Marker said...

OMG the Real Hot Messes of ATL! Terrifying.

Bienvenue Tjàde. Je m'appelle Marc et j'adore toutes les choses françaises.

McCain is vile - I'm no Gregory Peck in the voice department, but dang is his annoying. And that "my friends" bullshit - he uses it as often as some people say "like" or "um". He was a hideous presence on the stage - ambling about, sniggering inappropriately (and alone--except for his buddy Brokaw) at his attempts "humor". He just looks unwell.

kayce. said...

i live-tweeted the debate last night, so if you're interested, you can go to http://www.twitter.com/kayce_m for my feelings in-depth, but overall, here are my thoughts.

1) mccain, i am not your friend, bitch.
2) tom brokaw was clearly on his period last night... girl it is NOT all about you; we need to hear what the candidates have to say, so shove your precious time clock where the sun... well, you know.
3) i am surprised palin didn't turn up @ some point... miss thang is like tinkerbell; w/ out applause, she looses life-force.
4) overall, barack did very well w/ connecting to the audience in-person & @ home; mccain did not and his "jokes" came off snarky and petty (not to mention were not funny to anyone but him). also, one of my twitter friends noted that he moves like a turtle. thoughts?
5) "that one"
6) the-handshake-that-wasn't
7) debate-winning moment for me was AFTER the debate, when john and cindy (mr & mrs we-care-about-the-people) high-tailed it outta there and barack & michele stayed til 11.03pm to shake hands, etc. in fact, i watched the debate on my preferred, cspan, and was determined to watch until the obama's left.

ok, this is long. :)

kayce. said...

one last thing @marker:
there was an interesting entry on the huffington post (gotcha journalism, watch out) from a woman who's father experienced a year-long decline into dementia prior to passing as a result of alzhiemer's (sp?) disease... she says she did not recognize it until a friend pointed mccain's erratic behavior, but now she says she always watches sen. mccain closely for further signs of dementia. it's funny, but considering his running mate, not funny all...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...