Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dear Internet: I Am Lost Without You


My name is David, and I’m a crack whore for the internet.

Yesterday, when I lost internet service at both work AND home, I got nervous. I spend 40+ hours/week working in a windowless office with no radio or TV, and the internet serves as my link to the outside world. I was afraid that while the internet was down, some emergency would happen and I wouldn’t even know about it. What if (Godbunny forbid) there was another terrorist attack in NYC?!? What if I had to evacuate?!? What if naked pictures of Franky G surfaced?!?!! Needless to say, I was quite relieved when they repaired my connection here at work. But unfortunately there are no naked Franky G pics out there ... yet.

I still have no internet in my apartment – so I actually watched TV last night without the computer next to me. It was bizarre. I am so used to walking into my apartment, setting up my handy-dandy tray table next to my couch, turning on my laptop, and blogging while I watch TV. I’m a multi-tasker!!

I had forgotten what it was like to actually sit down and watch a television show without being distracted. It was a good thing, because the season finale of Lost aired last night, and that’s a show that takes a lot of concentration. And WOW, what a show.

Anywhore, Time-Warner Cable is scheduled to look at my home internet connection on Friday morning, so until then I won’t be around as much as usual.

8 comments:

Beth said...

Man, that's awful, and I'm not being sarcastic. I know that if our wireless goes down for a while, I feel sort of panicky and sweaty. I hope you are up and running soon! XOXO

Bob said...

I didn't know you were a Lostie!

Cool.

XOXOXOXO

Angel said...

I miss you already. that means I'll be stuck to you like glue in a few weeks.....

XOXOXOXOX

the dogs' mother said...

I had one hour this morning when nothing google would load! It was awful! Hangeth in there.

Anonymous said...

I have a panic attack if our connection is slower than usual. And I never get on the computer when we're watching LOST. You miss too much!

Joy said...

I watch TV and am on my laptop at the same time, too. Some shows I have to pay attention to, or I miss too much. Not having internet access is like not having my car or a phone. It's awful and I, too, am an addict.

jen said...

I completely understand. I "lost" (read: accidentally disconnected by the idiotic wireless co) my baby (aka "internet") a couple of weeks ago. I broke down and subsided with the evil local connection, which I must say has fed my addiction quite nicely. Did I sell my soul to the Devil? Who cares! All I can say is I can now click on DavidDust.com and see them fine Papi's in their undies. All is well in my world now. Hope your connex returns SOON! :)

Mark in DE said...

Sorry about your 'disability'. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...