Saturday, November 28, 2009

House of Xtravaganza Has a Ball


I have mentioned many times how obsessed I am with Paris Is Burning - and the vogueing ballroom community the movie showcased. And one of the most important vogue "houses" from Paris is Burning was the House of Xtravaganza.

Many of the old houses featured in the documentary have died out (like so many members of the ballroom community) - but the Xtravaganza's remain strong. In fact, they held their first ball in five years this month at NYC's Irving Plaza nightclub: Moda - La Envidia Xtravaganza Ball.


Please check out these fantastic pictures taken at the ball from BackstageAt.com (HERE and HERE) ... and then watch this video which is narrated by the hysterical Mike Diamond.



And in case you're thinking that only kids from Harlem, Brooklyn and the Bronx go to these balls, look at who was in attendance - watching the legendary children doing their thing ...


That's right biatches ... THE DUCHESS, Michael Kors!

5 comments:

kayce. said...

ok, bear w/ me, but... 1st "click here" link, next-to-last picture: does that or does that not look like goddamned missy elliot, LOL! i know it's NOT her (in her wildest dreams, i'm sure), but damn, he could pass for her twin!

David Dust said...

Kayce -

OMG - you are right!!!

XOXOXOXOXO

Wonder Man said...

I would love to see that. I was lucky to see a grand ball in Miami a few years ago

Unknown said...

Just blows my mind David. How extraordinary. Yes I did all the clicking- and it's all so amazing to me.
xoxoxo Charlie

Mark in DE said...

I can't believe:
1. you weren't there
2. Miss Kohrs wasn't wearing shades

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...