Tuesday, November 10, 2009

People Of Public Transit


Last month I did a POST about the hysterical and entertaining People of Walmart website - which features pictures of jacked-up people shopping at Walmart. It is brilliant in its simplicity.

People of Walmart now has a sister site - People of Public Transit. It features, as you can imagine, pictures of jacked-up people using public transportation - and it's equally as entertaining. Check it out HERE.


I am SO lucky there were no cell phone cameras in the early 90's when I moved to NYC. The first place I lived was in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn - which was just a short trip from Manhattan on the F train. Let's just say many times I found myself in a "less than photogenic" condition on the subway - especially after the clubs closed at 4:00 AM.

In fact, every once in awhile I got a little passed out SLEEPY and missed my stop on the way home - ultimately finding myself at the END of the F line - Coney Island. One time I came out of my drunken stupor awoke and discovered I wasn't the only one "napping" for an hour on the train. There was another youngish-looking dude passed out - but he was on the nasty, dirty FLOOR of our subway car. At least I was on a seat ...


I courteously gave Mr. Dirty Floor Drunk a gentle nudge with my foot on my way out the door and across the platform for the long trip back to Carroll Gardens...

Check out People of Public Transit.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great site! All these "People of . . . " sites make me realize that it is now impossible to avoid a camera. No matter where we are.

SailorAlphaCentauri said...

I'm glad there were no camera phones when I was in high school. I used to sleep on the bus on the way home from school, and missed my stop a few times. My stop was at a Rapid Transit terminal, but sometimes the bus driver would forget to check to see if everyone left. Having to walk through some pretty scary neighborhoods should have been enough to keep me from doing the same thing the next day.

Nope.

Besides, I used to camp out on the side benches in the back. I'd be all over this site if it had existed back in the mid '90s.

Beth said...

Haha! Oh, I think we've all been there a time or three, David...! XOXO

Unknown said...

What took so long for this site to exist. LOL

Joy said...

I'm going there now! I, too, am glad there were no camera phones in the 70's especially!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...