Friday, November 6, 2009

Last Night On Project Runway


As I mentioned before, I spent last night soothing a pulled muscle with frozen gnocchi and didn't take notes for a Project Runway recap. But I did watch the show, and I thought it was yet another uneventful episode in a season filled with uneventful episodes.

You may recall that I attended the Project Runway show at Bryant Park back in February - and over the past few weeks it became obvious to me that the three collections I saw were Althea's, Carol Hannah's and Irina's. So the outcome last night was definitely no surprise. I also have a feeling that the winner of Season 6 won't be a surprise either - my bet is Irina will win.

I am so sad that Project Runway was such a "snoozefest" this season. I only hope that Season 7 - which was filmed in NYC - will be more entertaining and provide plenty of material for snarky recaps.

8 comments:

Lee from NC said...

In addition to the snoozefestness-ness of it, I forgot to mention something in my previous post on Project Runway.

Irina's dress, imho, was the ugliest thing I've seen yet on this season of PR. And that's saying something. She won her spot based on her previous work, which she did deserve.

mikeinbama said...

Hey Buddy, I hope you're feeling better. This season has been a snoozefest. The interchangeable judges have been awkward. I hope they relocate back to NYC for the next season.

the dogs' mother said...

They should have sent four to Bryant Park.
(feel better!)

Joy said...

We can only hope! At least Nina and Michael are there, right? That helps tremendously. No one has designed anything that memorable this season - at least not in a good way. Last night was nothing special by a long shot.

Mark in DE said...

I'm not sure if its the lackluster 'talent' or the fact that the show is on Lifetime, or the fact that it was filmed in LA instead of NYC, but this season has been disappointing. Let's hope for better next season.

Unknown said...

Based on who was sent packing last night, it's obvious the judges and producers had already picked who they'd send to Bryant Park and there was no need for last night's "challenge" but to fill an hour of air time.

The judges ALL bagged on the horrible construction of Althea's train wreck of an architectural dress, but then sent Gordana home because the top of the zipper in the back wasn't stitched in with perfection?? GMAFB!! I didn't think there was anything wrong at all with Christopher's dress; they booted him solely based on his past work.

Unknown said...

This season was, I'd say even homophobic to appeal to the new network audience's profile. The publicity before the show started was targeting str8 ppl and families. Like come on, there were some very talented gays that were eliminated too easily. Also, have you noticed that even Michael Korrs was featured only a couple of time?

And yeah, mikeinbama, u r HOT, papi!
P.S.2 David, I love ur blog.

Billy in Big D said...

i agree with the lackluster season. Don't know how much the legal trouble had to do with the show. But I def would like to more Nina and Michael this next season. Glad they are bringing it back to NY where it belongs. If bringing it to lifetime means cutting down on the gay factor then BIG mistake on their part. Hopefully they will realize who their core audience is.

Love the blog as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...