Thursday, November 26, 2009

Philadelphia With Auntie Flame


As I mentioned before, I spend a fabulous Saturday in the City of Brotherly Love - where I FINALLY got to meet Joy (above left, with Maddie). Joy, as many of you know, is The Grand Duchess of the Dust Bunnies and my "Auntie Flame".

That entire day is a little bit blurry for me - because I was fighting a cold and was under the influence of various medications. I DO recall having an absolutely marvelous time, however I'll let the more sober members of our group do the recaps: see Maddie's take HERE, and read Joy's recollection HERE. And yes, I am as surprised as you are to see "sober" and "Maddie" in the same sentence.

I WAS lucid enough, however, to get one "SIRveillance" shot...



Yes, that probably was a pistol in his pocket, because I don't think he was glad to see me.
Anywhore, it's weird to say I "met" Auntie Flame for the first time on Saturday, because we've emailed, commented on each other's blogs, and talked on the phone many times. In fact, hanging out with Joy was like hanging out with someone I've known my entire life. She was wonderful - as was her friend Tina.

Finally, I'd like to leave you with my favorite picture of the day. Joy really wanted to go to the Naked Chocolate Cafe - and when we did, she ordered the hugest Mocha Choca Latta Ya Ya chocolate drink thingy I've ever seen...


Joy looks really disappointed, doesn't she? ... ... ... cough, cough ... Size Queen! ...cough, cough, hack ... :)

7 comments:

Eric Arvin said...

It's been so much fun reading the blogs of the trip from the three of you! Love the photos.

TLo said...

The Naked Chocolate Cafe is one of our favorite places. Next time look us up, we'd love to meet you. Happy Thanksgiving, David!

Anonymous said...

That makes me want to go to Philadelphia!

the dogs' mother said...

Makes me smile :-)

Wonder Man said...

love it, Joy looks so grade

Joy said...

I knew you'd post that picture and say that! LOL It was so much fun and a great day!

Mark in DE said...

Glad to hear that you didn't let that cold stand in your way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...