Thursday, November 5, 2009

OMG - Getting Old SUCKS


The Cipro I've been taking knocked the green gunkies out of my system, but I still have a little bit of a cough. Actually, today I found myself coughing a lot - and I started feeling a little sore on my right side (near my lower back) as a result.

And then tonight, about an hour ago, I had a major coughing fit and all of a sudden MAJOR pain. It was so bad I thought I was going to pass out.

I did some internet research, and I think I pulled a muscle. So I'm putting ice on it and it feels a little better. Actually, I don't have actual ICE on my pulled muscle, I'm using a package of frozen gnocchi. And it works perfectly.


Anywhore, this old biatch is going to bed - and I won't be taking notes for a Project Runway recap.

8 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Ouch! Other than Christopher getting all sentimental about a slimy rock it wasn't the most inspired episode. Tim had some good lines...

Joy said...

Poor baby! I use frozen peas. Whatever works! Get well!

Wonder Man said...

get some rest and get better, okay

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Now that the Cipro has knocked out the infection, you are couching out the rest of all the shit it created! Take an expectorant like Robitussin or Mucinex, and drink plenty of water with it, and it will loosen up and liquify that shit so it's not so hard to cough up. I'm sure they have generic versions at Duane Reade.
- Nurse Ginger

Lee from NC said...

Nurse Ginger is right (of course!). It all needs to come out.

And frogponder is right as well. PR was kind of boring. Maybe because I pretty much knew who was getting the boot anyway. The only interesting thing was trying to figure out why Cindy Crawford didn't look like Cindy Crawford anymore. Or maybe it was just me. Something was different about her.

PS-Never mind, just Googled and found out she's been using plastic surgery for 11 years. LOL. I guess I'm a little behind the times.

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Take heart, sweetie, at least you don't pee when you cough. 'Cause that sucks. And not in the good way.

Ken Riches said...

Our bodies definitely protest in different ways as we age. Wait until you are as old as Beth :o)

Mark in DE said...

Great thinking using the frozen gnocchi for an ice pack! Hope you're feeling better soon, David Darling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...