Friday, November 6, 2009

The Queens of Drag: NYC


This sounds like a lot of fun. From a Press Release I received this week...
Film and TV producer Larry Kennar (L Word, Barbershop and 50 First Dates), Season 4 Project Runway designer Jack Mackenroth and award-winning producer/director and owner of Colt Studio Group, John Rutherford, have come together to produce a television extravaganza called The Queens of Drag: NYC that explores and exploits the glamorous and ghetto-fabulous drag queen scene of New York City.

Drag legend Lady Bunny will reign supreme in this all-star cast of drag divas, which includes the ageless and evergreen Hedda Lettuce, uber-glam Sherry Vine, the hilarious Bianca Del Rio, sexpot songstress Peppermint and the classless and campy Mimi Imfurst. Breakout queens nipping at their platform heels like Epiphany, Logan Hardcore, Chandelier, Dallas DuBois and Celso will join these ladies of illusion.

First of all, I am down with anything Jack Mackenroth is doing - he is cute and talented and he might just be the nicest guy in whole entire world. But then they throw Lady Bunny and Hedda Lettuce into the mix?!? I AM SO THERE.

Note to Jack and the other producers: I am available for a full-time judging gig. You can think of me as a super-sized Michael Kors ... without the fashion experience. And I work CHEAP - just throw me a couple Arby's coupons and a bottle of Bacardi Limon and I'm in...

The Queens of Drag: NYC starts filming this month. As of right now they don't yet have a TV outlet, although the press release says "multiple networks" have expressed interest.

Check out their blog HERE.

5 comments:

Joy said...

We would all love it if you got to judge! A new career and bigger audience for your blog! AND FUN!!

Wonder Man said...

sounds so fun, I can see as a judge

Unknown said...

When you get to be a judge, can you get me a date with Jack?

Mark in DE said...

This sounds like a hoot! I'm thinking Bravo may need this show to replace Project Runway.

RandomKidPrez said...

Hi there, I happened to notice that you have a post about the "Women of Worth" award in your "Dust Bunny Blog" section. I hope you'll stop by www.randomkid.org/wow.asp, and then vote for Anne Ginther to help kids help others at www.womenofworth.com. Thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...