Friday, November 27, 2009

Pennsylvania Thanksgiving - Feast #1


Since my Mom is doing her big meal on Saturday, I went to my Aunt's (actually, my Stepmom's sister) house for Thanksgiving yesterday. We did it buffet-style (AKA 'grab-and-growl'), and the picture above shows all the goodies: turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, stuffing/dressing (which many here in Central PA call 'filling'), and Brussels sprouts. I'm not used to having Brussels sprouts at Thanksgiving - but I see that Bob and Carlos made some too (UPDATE: Kailyn also). Afterwards there was pumpkin and apple pies, pumpkin bread, and fruit salad for dessert.

Bob also took pictures of his adorable animals ... so I thought I would plagiarize his idea and do the same. First of all, here are the two newest members of my Dad's household...



These two kittens (a boy and a girl) don't have names because they are up for adoption. Seriously, if anyone wants an adorable cat (or two), and can make it to Carlisle, PA, please send me an email.

They are so friggin cute, but also lucky to be alive. They were found shortly after birth - dirty and hungry and alone. Perhaps the mother was killed, but whatever happened she abandoned 4 baby kittens who needed to be nursed. So my Dad nursed them by hand - and they grew into healthy little Hell-raisers. Two of the four have been adopted, but these two remain at Dad's house, awaiting a good home. Dad can't keep them, because he already has 9 cats of his own!!

Two of Dad's nine cats are Dusty's brothers. Here is one of them...


Much like their sister, I couldn't get both of "The Boys" (that's what they're called) to sit still long enough for a picture. They look exactly like Dusty - except they are bigger and a little more muscular.

Anywhore, how was YOUR Thanksgiving?!?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG- Those kittens are adorable!!...& I heart your Dad, what a kind person he is. Wish there were more people like him in this world.

Even for this vegan, food does look good.

LB anon

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Those cats are adorable!!!! I would adopt them if I could!!!!
Check my blog for an update on TG a Chez Ginger!

Wonder Man said...

glad you had a great holiday and the kittens are cute

Mark in DE said...

I like brussel sprouts but never thought of having them for Thanksgiving. Your meal looks good! Those kittens are ah-DOR-able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...