Monday, April 27, 2009

Brookyn's History House


When Elizabeth Giddens bought the wood-framed home in the Bed-Stuy neighborhood of Brooklyn, she had no idea how much history the house contained.

From turn-of-the-century society galas, to depression-era speakeasy, to 70's R&B House parties, to 80's crack depravity - her house had seen it all. And Giddens was able to determine some of the house's storied past by excavating the junk which had been dumped into a mysterious tunnel below the home.


Read the incredibly interesting story of the house (and it's garbage) from The New York Times HERE.

6 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Fascinating!
>portal to the underworld<
and scary, especially Pinkie...

David Dust said...

Frogponder -

That's so funny - I KNEW you would enjoy this!!

XOXOXOXOXO

I almost want to take a trip to Bed-Stuy, just to see the frightening Pinkie!...

Eric Arvin said...

Wow

Beth said...

I LOVE stories like this, and I'm so glad you shared it! I'm sure the owner has uncovered but a fraction of all the stories the house holds.

And I bet it IS haunted...they just haven't seen the ghosts yet! :)

Hugs, Beth

Joy said...

Wow!! Interesting for sure!!

Angel said...

oh nooooo! that's the a tunnel that serial killers and demons would LOVE!!! No way in hell would I ever go down there.....maybe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...