Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Feeling Out of Sorts


Ever since Friday I have been feeling off my game. Last week, after "weighing-in" on Monday with a two pound weight gain, I REALLY buckled down. I walked home every night and stuck to the Weight Watchers plan ... and the weight was melting away. But instead of capitalizing on this, I decided I had room to cheat. So from Friday to yesterday I couldn't stuff enough food in my face.

Furthermore, I can't seem to get rid of this cough - which makes getting a restful night's sleep difficult. So my ass is DRAGGING, I'm busy at work, and cranky. Even blogging has seemed like more of a chore lately ... and I NEVER feel like that.


My one ray of hope comes from knowing that I'm going to see some of you at the end of May for the First Annual Drunken Dust Bunny Weekend. So far, Mark In DE, Kailyn, Zombie Mom, TrannyBeth, Mistress Maddie, Ginger Grant, and Howard are confirmed. There are some more of you who are considering, and I'd like to urge you to come. There will be shopping/museum trips - and I'd like to take a field trip to the Bronx Zoo, which is one of my favorite places in NYC. And if you want to just do stuff on your own, feel free - it's up to you. But we WILL have fun, I assure you.


Hopefully I can get my groove back, and get back on track today.

13 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Kind of lends credence to you are what you eat. The weekend stuff wasn't fruit and veggies? You need to be in shape - I have a feeling Beth is going to be ready to take NYC by storm.
xoxoxoxox

Kwana said...

I know the feeling. I've been and off and on crankser too. We all go through it. Feel better soon. The weekend will be great!

Mark in DE said...

Sorry you're feeling out of sorts lately. I can relate. I've been feeling like that on and off, but have tried attributing it to all this sucky weather. Hang in there with the WW and walking home from work.

I am REALLY looking forward to our NYC trip, seeing you again, and meeting several other Dust Bunnies.

Anonymous said...

It truly sucks when you need comfort, but the go-to comfort is food and indulging just makes it worse. I was a raving bitch last night and I'm pretty sure it's because I've committed to eating better. No french fries = Kenley-quality bitch-fest.

No, I didn't throw a cat at him.

Beth said...

Aww, I'm sorry to hear you're off your game. I hope you feel better soon. Don't get down on yourself because you fell off the food wagon over the weekend...get back on it this week, and when this weekend comes, remember how you felt today! Resolve that you don't want to feel that way again, and maybe that will help with the food cravings.

Hugs, Beth

Angel said...

I'm feeling that way too. I've had a "new post" page up a million times today and my mind just goes blank...nothing. zilch. nada.

But I have managed to finish off my kid's Easter Candy, so I guess that's an accomplishment, right? :/

and I DO wanna take NYC by storm...until 9pm anyway, then I gotta go to bed! Any chance K-Dubb might make the party? OMG! I would shit my pants! I want to take some time and just "people watch"...I love doing that. and as long as we're together, it'll be fun!

XOXOXOXXO

Tivo Mom said...

I too understand being "off your game". Hopefully you will get back your groove soon. As for writing. I cannot seem to focus lately and blogging is taking the hit. So I understand and feel better. You know once a month women have an excuse for this behavior...maybe men should too.

Joy said...

My Recliner Cat weekend bit me in the ass, too! What's wrong with us? When will we learn? Argh! I'm back on track now, too.

Unknown said...

HATE days like this...

Wonder Man said...

I'm jealous

Romance said...

Ahhhh feel better little bunny... I am on an evil streak that is down right exhilirating in its own way... plus I am super fueled by a whopping does of prednisone - bitch on steroids!! Woohooo! Hey looking forward to our festivities...

I bet your one cheat won't impact the scale that much. Damn this weight loss thing anyway - I full on hate it myself.

But I also know you can do it. Because pulllleeeze- Girl, if I can lose weight- anyone can do it.

kisses

mrs.missalaineus said...

awwwwww....

i stress ate my way through a pop tart, some cheezencrackers, some graham crackers and a protein bar at lunch......i hear you.


xxalainaxx

Ken Riches said...

Post pictures of some of your hotties on the fridge, so when you are tempted, you have a reminder :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...