Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Vera Charles & Mama Bunny: Separated At Birth?


Many of you will recognize the picture above of the late, great Bea Arthur portraying Vera Charles in Mame.

Mama Bunny, my dear mother, brought to my attention that one of her recent photos was similar to that of Miss Charles. The photo below is my beloved Mom, during rehearsals for a local production of Lend Me a Tenor. To see more photos of Mama Bunny strutting her stuff onstage, go HERE. She's the one in the sequins and tiara ... natch.

13 comments:

Eric Arvin said...

Fabulous!

the dogs' mother said...

How fun! She has panache!

Angel said...

GO MAMA BUNNY!!!!!!

mikeinbama said...

Mama Bunny is FIERCE!

Beth said...

That's so cool! She looks like a trip, and I mean that in the very best way!

Psychomom said...

Mama Bunny makes me proud to be a mama.

Joy said...

Love it! Wish I'd seen her in the play. One of our local theater groups performed this a few years ago, and it is a fun role! Well done, Mama Bunny!

Mistress Maddie said...

You never told me Mama Bunny was the frist lady of the Harrisburg theater!

Anonymous said...

Mama Bunny sez:

I'll be here all week.

XOXOXO

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Whaddafuggun hoot! I love your momma already!

Sam said...

you are such a lucky ho. I miss my Mom. :(

Mark in DE said...

Does she always wear those FAB cat-eye glasses, or were they just part of her costume?

Love the way she poses! (Like mother, like son.)

David Dust said...

Those are my Mom's everyday glasses.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...