Friday, July 10, 2009

About Last Night ... Reality Television


I had a lovely dinner last night with fellow Blogger Kitty Bradshaw (more about that later) , so I didn't get back to my apartment until relatively late. And when I did get home I needed to get my blog posts together for today - so I didn't have much time for television. But I turned on the TV and kinda watched So You Think You Can Dance (below) and The Fashion NO while doing other stuff.


Both shows had something in common last night - appearances by Kelly Rowland. She performed "When Love Takes Over" (which is my JAM right now!) on SYTYCD. Am I weird that I actually prefer dance/pop artists to lip sync their songs as opposed to singing live? The vocals on those type of songs are always tweaked so much that when you hear it live it usually falls flat. For me anyway. Don't get me wrong, if Barbra Streisand ever makes an appearance on SYTYCD, I want live vocals - but any or all of Destiny's Children can simply move their lips and shake their hips as far as I'm concerned.

Check out the video: DJ David Guetta featuring Kelly Rowland - When Love Takes Over


But unfortunately, after Kelly's performance the judges sent cutie Phillip Chbeeb (below) home. Color me sad...


Then it was time for more Kelly Rowland on The Fashion NO...


The big drama last was the fact that Johnny straight-up copied Jakey G's sister's Golden Globes dress...

Here is his version...

Escandalo! So they sent Johnny home. I hope that means he'll finally take a bath and shave. I'm sorry, but he looked dirty to me. And not in a good way...

4 comments:

Kailyn said...

That was a little too much Kelly for me last night since I watched the shows in the opposite order than you did. I had to fast forward through the song because the cats were getting all kinds of worked up.

I loved when Johnny tried to say he didn't copy his design. I was like,"Bitch, please."

Unknown said...

I am constantly amazed when people get busted for stuff - like Johnny for ripping off the design - and then lie, thinking that they didn't say that shit on camera earlier in the show. Just mind boggling.

Joy said...

I watched Fashion No thinking all the time about those suggestions T&L made that would make it better. I hope they change the show and do that next season.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Just saw the DVR's version and I agree on all accounts- Johnny totally bogarted that design, and he looks dirty, and not in a good way. Glad to see him go, honestly. Now, if we can just get rid of weird little James Paul.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...