Friday, July 17, 2009

The View From High Line Park


Yesterday I posted pictures taken during my first stroll along New York City's fabulous High Line Park. Today I'm sharing pictures of the VIEW from the High Line - which stands two stories above street level. The pics above and below are of the Hudson River - with New Jersey in the background.


The modern building (below) is InterActiveCorp Headquarters (designed by Frank Gehry). The low-rise building on the lower right is the late, lamented Roxy nightclub. If those walls could talk...


Views of the side streets...



Big Mama - the Empire State Building ...


Wildflowers on the High Line, and tenement buildings on the street...

5 comments:

Stephen said...

I can't wait to see the Highline. The Husband & I wanna stay at The Standard & spend a day in that paart of town. Thanks!

Ken Riches said...

It certainly looks like a unique area. Not sure I could do city living again after having lived here in the country.

Dwight said...

Love the High Line coverage. When I'm next up there we'll have to meet up and you can give me the tour! :)

Angel said...

lopve the photos and that last shot Tranny?????? Take it from In'Ja.....PROFESSIONAL!!!!

behrmark said...

I haven't been to NYC in 17 years but your pictures make me want to visit. Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...