Thursday, July 30, 2009

America's Best (Gay) Dance Crew

The new season of America's Best Dance Crew premieres August 9th on MTV - and for the first time there will be an openly gay crew - Vogue Evolution - from NYC.



I have blogged many times about my love of Vogueing (Paris Is Burning truly changed my life) - so watching these "children" WORKING IT THE F*CK OUT makes me smile. Plus, during that short video they sampled two of my favorites - Deee-Lite AND Armand Van Helden's 1990's dance floor hit - Witch Doktor!

I predict TENS ACROSS THE BOARD for Vogue Evolution.

9 comments:

Brandon-Cristion said...

I LOVE the idea, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if they get far. The people the show is aimed for aren't exactly the most GLBT-friendly demographic.

Lelio said...

Pfft, you really expect JC to give anyone a ten? Not likely. I'm so excited for the new season, though!

Anonymous said...

They're not going to get far. Not because they are gay. Because they'll have to bring more to the table than vogueing and I don't see that happening.

AGB said...

Best of luck to them.

mackson said...

Although there have been some strides to the acceptance of feminine men dancing on T.V. I really do not think that this type of dancing will be respected as an art...It sad but it is real and true....

Joy said...

I really wish I could see you vogue!

Anonymous said...

Well Gummi Bare you are wrong! Pony Zion is the head choreographer and trust me when I say that crew can dance, their talent goes way beyond voguing, hip-hop, reggae you name it they can do it, so sit back and relax cause this is gonna get crazy !

Mark in DE said...

I wish them luck!

Anonymous said...

hah! i think they will do very well. very happy for them going all out for the best...that's what making your dreams come true is about. i'm gonna be rooting or voting for them, however these things go. i've never watched abdc so i'll have to tune in and check them! viva!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...