Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"Naked Cowboy" Running For Mayor


It looks like I have a little Times Square theme going on today. Earlier today I posted about the TKTS booth, and now I'm posting about perhaps Times Square's best-know "resident" - The Naked Cowboy.

The Naked Cowboy (who's neither naked nor a cowboy, discuss) has roamed around Times Square in cowboy boots and tighty whiteys for the past 10 years. He earns his living by charging tourists a small fee for posing for pictures. He's been known to do this even in the dead of winter...



But it seems as if The Cowboy (real name: Robert Burck) now has his eyes on an even bigger job - Mayor of New York City. According to the New York Post, he will announce his official candidacy tomorrow - challenging incumbent Mayor Mike Bloomberg.



Mr. Cowboy Burck states:

"No one knows how to do more with less than yours truly, and that's the kind of thinking I plan on sharing with my fellow New Yorkers when you elect me," he said, promising new ideas on tax breaks, tourism, gay marriage, transit and homeland security.


Hey, a Naked Cowboy would probably be a better Mayor than Rudy Giuliani was ...


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Intersting. I think that's one politician gaureenteed to get people talking, and even pay attention to him for a while.

OH, and can I give a shout out to Linda Richman?!

mrs.missalaineus said...

do more with less??? hell, he doesn't need to be a mayor he needs to be a TEACHER!!!


xxalainaxx

the dogs' mother said...

I suppose a slogan across the butt and on the hat and guitar and he's all set!

behrmark said...

Hate to admit it...I think he kind of hot. lol

Joy said...

I hardly know what to say.

Bob said...

Plus, he'd be awful purty to look at during press conferences!

David Dust said...

Mecha - Good eye with the Linda Richman reference. I got a little verklempt when I read your comment!!

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Unknown said...

Yes, I think he is nice to look at, too. But now I have to figure out if he will still be charging for pictures when he runs... Seems to be his form of income, so can he afford to not do it? So, is this just a ploy to make a butload of money? Maybe he is smart enough to be mayor...

Anonymous said...

Google his name nude and take your filters off! There are some shots of him from Playgirl!

David Dust said...

Anon -

Thanks for the tip!

XOXOXO

Mark in DE said...

Only in NYC!

No Police State Girl said...

Naked Cowboy For Mayor Rocks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...