Saturday, July 25, 2009

"Excuse Me Sir, What's a Ding-ie?"


When I walked out of work last night, I encountered a street vendor that I had never seen before - the Wafels & Dinges truck. I pretty much could figure out what a "Wafel" was, but I had never heard of "Dinges" before.


So I walked up to the nice man in the truck and asked him what a "ding-ie" was. He chuckled and explained that "dinges" (pronounced "DING-uhs" not "Ding-ie") is a Flemish slang word for "stuff". He went on to say that in this case, dinges refers to the various toppings that one can have on their "Wafels".


No, I didn't order anything - but I always love learning new dinges! Actually, I did some research on the intranetz and found out that in addition to slinging waffles with "stuff", these friendly Wafflers are also Bloggers! Check out their blog HERE.


4 comments:

Miss Ginger Grant said...

How funny that they are bloggers! I wonder if they know "The Big Gay Ice Cream Truck?" They could pull their Big Blogging Food Wagons into a circle and make a blogger food court!

Unknown said...

NY is so amazing. I saw someone making Waffles, with imported Beet Sugar on (i think it was the Travel Channel, at some ski resort.) I think the Wafflemakers were Belgian. And i thought there was only one place in America with them. But those waffles, look just like them. You gotta try them out for me.

Anonymous said...

so how many dingies can you eat?

Mark in DE said...

Dinges like this make me think how fabulous it must be to live in NYC. Thanks for the schoolin'.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...