Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Great Blogger Lockout Crisis of 2008 Ends


Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhh - I'M BACK!! I have access again to DavidDust - and this is where I'll be doing my blogging for the foreseeable future.

First of all, I am kind of glad this happened, because it made me realize that although the content on DavidDust is mine, it's kind of like having your stuff in a rented apartment - if the landlord locks you out, you can't your neat stuff. This was definitely a wake-up call.

I am also glad I figured out how to "backup" to WordPress. In the future if this ever happens, I can move directly over there and not miss a beat. Albeit without my fancy Statue of Liberty header, but at least I have a plan.

Thirdly, even though I really couldn't afford the $90 I spent to buy http://www.daviddust.com/, it is something I've been meaning to do for a long time. If I want to continue growing my blog into the international powerhouse of Papis and Recaps that I hope for, then chaining myself to Blogspot will only hold me back. So I'm glad this drama forced me to do this.

Lastly, this crisis really made me see how important my blog is, and how important all of YOU are to me. The first thing I panicked about was not being able to connect with you - and that upset me. So don't ever leave me, darling Dust Bunnies, or I'll go crazy!!

We now resume our regular scheduled programming here at DavidDust ...

XOXO

15 comments:

Cliff O'Neill said...

It looks like the entire universe of PC/IE/Norton/Blogger users was screwed yesterday.

Glad you were able to get stuff goin' again!

- Cliff
Livin' Microsoft Free since 1995

Timmy said...

Well hello David. Well hello David. It's so nice to have you back where you belong. (I'm doing a high kick while I'm singing.)

kayce. said...

yeeeeeeeah!!! i am so happy you are back! =))

mikeinbama said...

I thought everything was going haywire yesterday. I couldn't access a lot of diffferent sites yesterday and couldn't figure out if it was my computer. I've read it was a bug with sites that have site meters.

Jimbo said...

Oh good. This feels better over here. I felt uncomfortable reading your blog wih Gail's boobies staring at me. they're lovely but boobies and papis don't go together.

Joy said...

I wonder if that new gadget we put on our blogs was the reason - FEEDGIT.

I'm so glad you're back and that we can get to our blogs and blog friends! Our nightmare is over!

Can you send me the info about backing things up on that other place?

YEA!! XOXOXOXXO

Angel said...

YAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Now life can get back to normal...or what I consider normal!!

Love you!
xoxox

Spoil The Ending said...

Thank goodness you are back up. You're a friend in my head.

We going to take what happen to you as a lesson to learn from.

Glad your back,
Your friends @ SpoilTheEnding.tv

Renee said...

I'm happy the lockout is over. I was really missing your posts.

theminx said...

Yay! Glad to see you back in your rightful home :)

xoxoxox!
K

PS...$90? Holy crap!

Joy said...

Why don't my posts show up on my blog title on your list like the others do? Are our computers not communicating with each other?

Anonymous said...

Yeehoo!!!

If you didn't return I was going to make Blogger pay … in a very painful and permanent manner. Bwahaahah!

Marker said...

Saints be praised. All is right with the universe again.

Unknown said...

Well, I go away for a couple of days, and all hell breaks loose. Glad you are back, and will follow you anywhere, my friend.

SailorAlphaCentauri said...

Wow, so this is what I missed while being offline this weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...