Thursday, August 21, 2008

Regarding Tags, Memes, and Awards...


My darling Dust Bunnies, I love you all like a Giant Arby’s Roast Beef sandwich with Swiss cheese and Horsey sauce. You KNOW I do. However, I need to take a stand against memes, tags, awards, and similar chain-letteresque behavior.

I’ll be honest – I HATE GETTING TAGGED, AWARDED, ETC. I know many of you have tagged me, and I don’t hold it against you. But while I’m being honest, I’ll tell you that if I DID respond in the past, it was out of loyalty to you – and because I didn’t want to disappoint you. But from now on if you tag me, send me an award, or send me a “Name three things we didn’t know about your Gerbil” questionnaire, I will not be able to respond.

My reasons for this are many. First of all, I try and plan out my blog posts over the weekend for the upcoming week – and I try to vary my content. When I get tagged it throws off my schedule.

Secondly, since I do not own a computer and do most of my blogging from my office computer, I don’t have time to do extra posting. I walk a constant tightrope between working and blogging – and anything that upsets that balance is not a good thing.

Thirdly, I try and promote all of your blogs as best I can. I have my Dust Bunny Blogroll that features many of you. I also provide links to your blogs anytime I might mention one of you. In addition, if you ever have anything you would like to promote, please email me and I’ll see what I can do.

I know I sound grumpy and unappreciative – and I’m sorry for that. I totally love the fact that you want to recognize my blog for being something special. I just don’t have the time to pass those accolades onto the next blogger. And I’m sure he or she will thank me eventually…

XOXOXOXO

P.S. – Yes Jennie, you were right – I AM snarky. So I gave MYSELF an award...


8 comments:

kayce. said...

i totally get this... youtube is the same way w/ the tags... on one hand it's nice, on the other, it's work. and besides, i would *much* rather see recaps and abs then awards and memes, so thanks! =))

Joy said...

I agree with you and don't usually participate in those things myself. I did it that one time and never tagged anyone ever again the rest of my life (as my grandson Brendan would say). I break chain letters all the time and have told people not to send them to me.

Good for you and well done! Your blog is perfect just the way it is!

XOXOXOXOX

Romance said...

Amen!!

mikeinbama said...

Whenever anyone tags me with a meme, I just ignore it. I understand your pain.

Now, get to writing your recap of PR.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! This struck SUCH a note with me, because I HATE being "tagged," as our mutual friend theminx (she's one of my two best friends, actually) can tell you. I do occasionally answer the ones that tell you things about your friends that you might not have already known, but usually only if minx or my other best friend sends them. Otherwise, I ignore them. It's funny, really - if one of the questions is "Who is least likely to respond?" the answer is usually "Kate." Go figure.

BTW, I found your blog through theminx, and I thoroughly enjoy your recaps. :o)

Angel said...

hey, you go with your bad self!!!

when I first started blogging...I LOVED getting tagged, but now?...not so much. I read other people's tags and stuff, but don't like to do them myself.

but I DO like awards...I mean, come on!!!! Those are nice!!

now....I wanna know 17 things you have hiding in your closet, and you're NOT one of them!

xoxoxoxox

Kwana said...

You are so loved. I might give myself this award!

Mark in DE said...

I agree 100%. I'm sick of reading all those memes on other people's blogs too.

Mark :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...