Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Fashion Show


Many of you have already blogged about Bravo's blatant Project Runway ripoff - The Fashion Show. The Fashion Show will premiere on May 7th - and is intended to make up for the loss of Project Runway to the Heather Locklear Will Cut A Bitch Network (AKA Lifetime).


As many blogs have already reported, Bravo isn't even TRYING to pretend The Fashion Show is any different from Project Runway. Isaac Mizrahi will be the "Host", so I'm imagining he'll be a cross between Heidi and Tim. BTW - I had no idea that Isaac left Tarjay and has joined Tim Gunn at Liz Claiborne.


Destiny's Child singer Kelly Rowland and fashion exec Fern Mallis will serve as Judges. Each episode of The Fashion Show will have two challenges - a short challenge at the beginning (like Top Chef's Quickfire) followed by the runway/elimination challenge.

Read more about The Fashion Show HERE - including the freak-filled casts' bios.


What do you all think about this show? Do you think it will be any good? Bravo did create this genre, and Isaac is extremely entertaining on television (he is the typical neurotic New Yorker). Fern Mallis is the ultimate New York fashion insider - she literally invented the Bryant Park tent shows back in 1993. Before then, Fashion Week shows were spread out all over the city with little or no coordination. I don't know where Kelly Rowland fits it, but she is kinda fierce.

Oh, and here is the Beeyotch who'll be playing the "Meana Garzilla"role ...


11 comments:

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Is it really stealing when it was yours in the first place? I think the Estrogen Network is the thief here! (LMAO at the Heather Locklear comment!)
I though Isaac replaced Tim Gunn at Lesbian Claiborne, but perhaps I'm wrong. (That shit belongs on the Estrogen Network- the Golden Girls are about the only people who buy it anymore!)

Tivo Mom said...

I can't decide if I am excited or not. The fact is, I love all of the other Bravo shows (even Sheer Genius) so why wouldn't I love this one? I will watch but I will watch Project Runway too.

the dogs' mother said...

I'm excited that Fern Mallis is involved. And wondering what a quick fire fashion challenge will look like.

LauraK said...

I'm thinking this show is going to be great! I'll totally tune in. Isaac and Fern are fabulous. Kelly is kind of bland, but it took us a while to warm up to Heidi...

Renee said...

Isaac cracks me up so I'll probably watch, at least once or twice, anyway.

Joy said...

I'll give it a chance because it's on Bravo, and I am loyal to them and will probably keep watching it. I'll also continue following PR because it's PR.

Love Miss Ginger's comment!!

Wonder Man said...

that looks like a bad Louis Vuitton knock off

Mark in DE said...

As you noted, this show is a blatant attempt to replace Project Runway, but could be fun to watch. I like Ike so it could be entertaining!

Please plan NOW to recap it, Bitch!

Mistress Maddie said...

If for no other reason Fern should gound this show! She is a bigger legend than anyone else ever was on Project Runway She right up there with Anna Wintour. A show doesn't start till THEY ARE present! It would be funny if this show kicks the shit out of PR. Hell, I know ain't home on Saturday nights. I'll be damn if I sit home to watch a show! Your right though Mame, this time slot can't help the matter.

Angel said...

come on, let's be honest. YES I will watch it. I miss PR and even if it IS on Saturday night, I'll still watch that too, cuz I have no life whatsoever to speak of. BORING.

Kelly Rowland? Isn't she Beyonce's sister? for reals? I think I read somewhere that she is her dad's secret love child or something like that. and if I read it in the Star then YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE!!! ;)

I love Isaac and a "quick fire" fashion challenge??? LOVES IT!

XOXOXOXOXOX

Unknown said...

I'm happy for Kelly. She just got dropped from her label. This is good work and exposure for her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...