Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother’s Day to all the Dust Bunny Moms, to my wonderful Stepmother, and of course, to the Big Kahuna herself -my darling Mama Bunny!!! I hope you all have a lovely day.

Our dear Beth (Happy Mother's Day - you big Tranny!) did a post on her blog recently about motherly advice. This got me thinking about advice MY mother has given me - and she gave me a TON. Unfortunately, I didn’t listen to most of it.

Three simple things my mother told me (that I DID listen to) have really helped me throughout my life. They are:

Learn how to type in High School - it is a skill you will use for the rest of your life. This was before computers were common, so it was NOT obvious advice to a boy in 1980. Yes bitches, that's right, I learned how to type on an IBM Selectric Typewriter - OLD SCHOOL!! As a result, I am quickly and efficiently typing these words right now using proper technique - NOT “hunting and pecking”. Thanks Mom!

Learn Latin - it will help you more than you realize. And no, Mom is not Catholic - just intelligent. I have my excellent “verbal” SAT score and above-average language skills as a result of this advice. Thanks Mom!

Always buy a winter coat that covers your butt. TO THIS DAY I refuse to purchase a heavy coat that does not cover the booty. And my butt is ALWAYS warm. Thanks Mom!

I love you Mom. The picture of the pink roses is for you - I hope you got the real ones I sent!

8 comments:

Angel said...

OMG! Mama Bunny is soooo lucky to have such a Tranny for a son!
Happy Mother's Day Mama Bunny!!

and I too. leasrned to type on the IBM thingie!!! wow...we really ARE old!

Love you Tranny!! You hot mess, you.....

Joy said...

I'm sending a link to your blog to my son as an example of meaningful public displays of filial adoration. He's a wonderful son and so are you! He also took Latin. Great advice from your mom! She must be so proud! xoxoxoxox

David Dust said...

Awwwwww .... my two favorite gals - Beth and Joy!! Happy Mother's Day you two. I love you both - LOTS!!!

Yes Beth - we ARE old! I remember them teaching us how to type with CARBON PAPER for multiple copies. God, that seems like the Dark Ages.

And Joy, thank you for using me as an example for your son. Us gay boys LOVE our Mamas - so I do have a bit of an advantage.

After all, they don't call us "Mama's Boys" for nothing!...

Joy said...

For a straight boy, he does really well. Maybe because it was just the two of us since he was 5, and we are so much alike. Our favorite saying is "the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree."

My daughter is like us, too. In fact, I was sort of feeling bad I hadn't heard from them, and they called me at the SAME TIME! Kathy called my cell phone and Brian my land line. I had one on each ear for a few minutes. Then she said that about the apple and tree. When you know the background, it's amazing, isn't it? Who knew so much is genetic!!

Happy Mother's Day, TrannyBeth! You know about all this, too.

xoxoxoxxo

Anonymous said...

Our family saying is "the turd doesn't fall far from the bird."

Yes, I am so very proud of my son and I want all of you fans to know that David is LOUD!!! One of his teachers begged him, "For the love of God, please shut up!" When you read his blog, just think of it as very, VERY LOUD!!!

Much love to my lovely son,
Mama Bunny

Anonymous said...

This is enough to make me hope Big Red turns out to be a big tranny. You're a sweet son, David. Mama Bunny is awfully lucky to have you.

David Dust said...

To my 'ever-so-quiet' Mother -

[whispering] ... what do you mean, I'm loud????? ...

I want you all to know that the reason I'm loud is a lifetime of trying to be noticed next to my fabulous (and VERY loud) Mother!! This turd TRULY didn't fall far from that bird! :)

I love you right back Mom!!!

Timmy said...

Back in 1979 my mother gave me the same advice about taking typing class. She said, "I'm not going to type your papers when you are in college and you may have a job one day where you won't have a secretary."

I have been complimented many times on my quick typing especially when I'm in chat rooms. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...